I just downloaded Swype onto my Incredible. It will definitely take some getting used to because I'm accustomed to the stock keyboard and liked it a lot.

Anyway, I want to know how to add extra letters to the end of words that have already been typed. For example, let's say I type the the sentence "why did you do that?" Now let's say I want to add an extra y to end of "why" for emphasis so it says something like "whyy." How do I do this with swype? Whenever I go back and put the cursor at the end of the word it turns the extra letters into their own word so I get "why yy" (it adds in a space).

Basically, is there anyway to simply click the cursor where you want and add extra letters to the previous word without creating two separate words? This would be a huge help.
    THANKS!

Forget it- solved this problem. Thanks!
    12-22-2010 12:06 AM
    Don't swype it. Just key it in. tap it once in case you wish to save it into the swype dictionary.

Whyy not?
    12-22-2010 12:16 AM
    Don't swype it. Just key it in. tap it once in case you wish to save it into the swype dictionary.

Whyy not?
    Is there a way for me to see which custom words I've added to the swype dictionary? And is there anyway to delete these words?
    12-22-2010 12:30 AM
    Now that's a great question. I've been wondering the same thing myself.
    12-22-2010 08:20 AM
    Is there a way for me to see which custom words I've added to the swype dictionary? And is there anyway to delete these words?
    I don't think you can see which words you've added, but if you want to remove a word, type it (or swype it), then double tap on the word and press the help key on the keyboard, and it will ask if you want it to forget that word.
    12-22-2010 08:49 AM
    From the help located in the swype settings page
    To Remove a word from the dictionary, highlight ONLY the word that you want to delete, and then tap the Swype key. A message screen will display to confirm that you want to delete the word.
    I confirmed that this worked on my device.

I didn't see anyway to find a list of the words that are in the custom dictionary though.
    12-22-2010 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD