Map external keyboard keystroke to audio file

ronstevens1337

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way that using a keyboard button you could map a response that opens an audio file in the background over lets say the netflix app. For example if I press 1 on an external keyboard to have the android speak "Please discontinue use" audibly, preferably while muting or turning down all other audio. Essentially bringing audio focus to the action (perhaps using the audio as a notification like you get with an sms? perhaps that might trick the system into doing what I want? I really don't know.

I've read android has such an ability built in so as to use the phones hard buttons for example. How can I use the same mechanisms to launch an audio file?

As an example I want to use an xbmc/kodi type android stand alone box and be able to use a wireless keyboard or switch in another room to warn my child that his netflix, gaming, hulu, whatever time will run out in 10,20,30 minutes, etc. My specific usage will be slightly different but it's the same essential concept and would require the same type of setup. Greatly appreciate your response.

Thank You.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech