Typing letters on pressing (not on release)?

Yser4

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi all.

Typing with standard google keyboard seems too slow to me since it types when a tap gets released.

As a result, when typing at high speed, if not releasing at proper places, wrong letters get pressed that need to be corrected.

Autocorrect is not a good option to me because I write in several languages and often use specific terminology. Swipe-typing is not an option too for the same reason.

So I'm looking for a keyboard that can type letters on pressing/touching them, instantly.

This functionality appears to be easily implementable, but I couldn't find it among various keyboard apps that I used. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here.
So please help. Any good thoughts appreciated☺

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps your device is slow as opposed to it being a keyboard issue? I have an old tablet on ICS which has a similar problem to you yet my new S6 Edge doesn't have that issue

Yser4

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
My phone is samsung galaxy s3 and it actually runs quite smoothly,
so I think the issue is due to keyboard itself.

When a letter on keyboard is pressed and held, you can still move a finger, selecting any other letter on keyboard. And the last letter selected gets typed. I want the initially chosen letter to get typed.
It looks pretty simple but I dont know how to do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma