SwiftKey keyboard problem?

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
After some recent update, I've found that whenever I'm typing into a search bar of a search engine like Google or Bing, after a few searches the word suggestions stop working. The keyboard and suggestions on initial search and once or (rarely) twice afterwards will function correctly but after that it suggests "Hi" and then after that individual letters. Each word after a space is treated as the first word in a sentence and if I try to go back and edit words, the newly input letters are capitalized. This only occurs in search boxes of search engines while using Chrome. I don't know if it happens for me in any other browser or search engine or if the Google Search app is affected. This will occur until I close the search engine tab and switch tabs. It does not affect typing in the address bar or other text boxes in websites. Only the search bar of search engines as far as I can tell. I don't know what's going on.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Try deleting the app cache, force stop the app. If it still plays up, uninstall the app itself and re install it again...

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I did force stop it at one point. It fixed it for a short time. I'll try the cache and then, if necessary, reinstalling it.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've stopped ,at least for now ,using Swiftkey. I'm using Gboard now & so far like it better. I have a Note 8 and the google handwriting recognition is better than Samsung than Swiftkey uses. I don't use much but sometimes it's fun to write I instead of type.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon