GBoard Auto Suggest Question

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
When I use the phone keyboard or swiftkey keyboard, as I'm typing words are popping up on the autosuggest line and the word that is going to be inserted is the middle auto suggest item.

But when I use Gboard, all 3 words in the autosuggest line are alternatives to the one I'm typing, and the word I'm typing only shows up in the message itself after I've finished it. Evidently this must work for some people but for me it's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen and renders it unusable for me.

Is there any way to make GBoard behave like every other keyboard app and put the word that is going to go into the message in the middle auto suggest position?

Thanks

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunate not that I have found. I love the options in Gboard, but I keep Swiftkey for the better predictions/learning and better corrections. I've found the word you want in Gboard will be in whatever app you're using, and the most likely alternative or prediction is the far left choice and not in the middle. No clue if any of that can be changed.