What can I do w/ a Kindle Fire HDX?

silkiblu

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I bought I Kindle Fire HDX 7" off craigslist, apparently was stolen, have contacted Amazon they have it marked as cant be used/stolen/misplaced??? Can I use it or am I out of the money, I bought 2 from same person 1 is fine other one cant be registered w/Amazon cannot contact orginal seller, was a gift now one son will be without if I can't figure out a way to use it. I hear you can root it but I really don't know how or even what that means.
Thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I bought I Kindle Fire HDX 7" off craigslist, apparently was stolen, have contacted Amazon they have it marked as cant be used/stolen/misplaced??? Can I use it or am I out of the money, I bought 2 from same person 1 is fine other one cant be registered w/Amazon cannot contact orginal seller, was a gift now one son will be without if I can't figure out a way to use it. I hear you can root it but I really don't know how or even what that means.
Thanks

you can install cyanogenmod ROM on it.. google it for steps

silkiblu

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I didn't do it yet, so I think I will wait and see if anything changes as the device becomes not so new in the marketplace.

LazarX

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

Not that it helps you now, but in the future, if you buy a Kindle off of Craigslist have the seller give you the serial number so you can check it with Amazon to see if it's flagged as stolen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc