I have two chargers for my Amazon FIre HD 8, and each cannot charge properly (ie, it stops charging, starts again, and stops charging within s few seconds). I believe that the charger port is terrible and needs to be fixed. I bought a third charger today from Amazon. Is there a place (especially here in Cincinnati where I can get it fixed if the third charger can't solve it?

My Fire is out of warranty., BTW.
    01-31-2019 10:43 PM
    I have two chargers for my Amazon FIre HD 8, and each cannot charge properly (ie, it stops charging, starts again, and stops charging within s few seconds). I believe that the charger port is terrible and needs to be fixed. I bought a third charger today from Amazon. Is there a place (especially here in Cincinnati where I can get it fixed if the third charger can't solve it?

My Fire is out of warranty., BTW.
    Sorry this has not been answered till now, but my kid's Fire HD 8 just had the same issue. That's when I learned about the poor reliability of the charging port. Most repair estimates I've seen would cost over half the cost of a brand new Fire HD 8, so I just opted for getting a new one and planning on replacing the whole unit every 2-3 years. Seems wasteful, but it's only a $79 (cheaper if you catch on sale) tablet so I don't expect much in terms of longevity.
    05-25-2019 05:54 AM