How do I get rid of black smudges on the lcd of Galaxy S4?

chuk41

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
black smudges on lcd Galaxy s4

i found a Samsung Galaxy s4 it's has black smuged on the screen I want to return it but I don't know who it belongs to and I can't go threw the phone to get information of the person as black smuged are on in the screen and are in the way of me seeing anything. yesterday it was just On the bottom part of the screen and most of the middle part of the screen, this morning I turned it on and now 80% of the screen is smuged and I can barely see anything the screen the touch still works. I swipe my finger on a the lock screen and it makes the unlocking sound. I chek the stickers to see if it was water damage but they are still white and not red can so me one tell me what could be wrong?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: black smudges on lcd Galaxy s4

Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the screen has mostly failed--those aren't smudges, but rather parts of the screen that aren't lighting up.

Can you tell from the outside of the phone which carrier it is? If you can see a carrier logo, then try bringing it in to one of their stores and let them know you found it, and see if they can help locate the owner.

chuk41

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: black smudges on lcd Galaxy s4

Yes it's AT&T,I didn't think of that. Thank you I'll take it to one of the stores to see if they could find the person.