Replaced LCD screen, still no display (Sort of)..?

kalvinl8

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I had a moto g 1st gen phone that fell to the ground... hard.. when I checked the screen it was black, however the touch screen and OS was working. I could tell as I could hear the numbers being pressed when I touched the screen and it was able to receive calls etc.

Also when I pressed the unlock button I could see the backlight working, a white glow in the centre of the screen (at boot up) and a white vertical line running down the right side of the screen.

So I went on ebay and got a replacement screen and carefully replaced the screens. When I turned on my phone I had pretty much the same issue, but worse. The screen was completely black when it was locked and unlocked (blacklight not working). The touch screen works though as I can again hear the buttons being pressed.

So i took off the back cover of the phone and put pressure on the ribbon cable of the LCD screen and guess what, i got a display, a VERY dim flickering display, but a display nonetheless. I tested the OS and it worked perfectly but when i went to adjust the brightness it done nothing.

Again i took apart the phone ensuring all connections were secure and taped down the ribbon cable but when i turned on the phone again there was no display again (even when putting pressure on the ribbon cable). The touch screen still works though.

I may also add that the replacement screens ribbon cable looks much different to my original but according to the ebay advert it should work. Oh yeah, I also connected the old screen back and the backlight still works in it, just not in the new screen.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance