LeEco Le S3

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Le Pro3 and Le S3 hands-on: Welcome to the U.S., LeEco | Android Central

At a glance, the Le S3 doesn't seem at all like a cheaper phone than the Le Pro3. It has nearly the same dimensions as the Le Pro3, the same quality of screen and a similar metal build that lacks the reflective coating of the more expensive phone but actually feels better to me. Of course LeEco cut back on the internals to hit a $249 price point — a slower Snapdragon 652 processor, along with less ram (3GB) and storage (32GB) than the Pro3. The Le S3 also has a lower-quality screen glass that isn't sculpted as nicely on the edges, and is missing other fringe features like NFC.

Despite the shortcomings when compared to the Le Pro3, the Le S3 still offers a compelling set of hardware for $249, much in the same way that the Honor 5X did earlier this year. You're getting solid internals and a much nicer build and design than most of the phones you can pick up in this price range. From that standpoint, the Le S3 is a bit more interesting than the Le Pro3 that has more competition at $399.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
The chamfered edges are nice.The build quality is amazing for this price point. ( I got the discount) The battery charges super fast and holds a charge really well. There really isn't a lot of bloat. The speaker gets loud but I haven't tried it out with any headphones yet. The finger print works well and fast. This is kind of similar to the Honor 5X which I also tried for a week or 2. This phone is wayyyyy nicer for about $60 more.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine arrived tonight...but I"m resisting the urge to open the plastic wrapping until I've decided whether or not to return it.

dashauns

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
hey guys, is this still a good phone for $118 at geekbuying?

It is but it will most likely see no more software updates so unless you are comfortable flashing custom ROMs, I would personally get a second hand or Amazon ad version Moto g5 plus or Nokia 6. The leeco s3 would do the trick for basic smartphone use, but I hate the leeco UI more than any Chinese Android overlay and the amera is meh at best.

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
the pro is a better deal at it's price point. the build quality is excellent. my wife drops her on concrete all the time and it hasn't broken. I'm impressed.