Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: LePro 3 Qualcomm 821 for 299?! WOW!

LeEco is poised to make a big splash.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

The only negative so far is the lack of a headphone jack. But I might be able to learn to live with it considering the price. I'll definitely be keeping out an eye on reviews. If the software matches the specs, this could change the game...

bramgoodwin

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site

There is no 3.5" connection for my head phones.

Can you charge the phone and listen to music at the same time?

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site

I'm super interested in these phones, but I'm leaning towards the S3 for $150, but I'll have to wait for some reviews to see if it has NFC or not. I registered for the phones regardless.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Pretty positive review here: LeEco Le Pro3: Stunning battery life and high quality keep me from ordering a Pixel | ZDNet

What I gather from the review is overall very positive, with the biggest drawbacks being:
1: Annoying aspects to the software in the native launcher
2: 1080p LCD display (though it sounds like the display is still nice and not being QHD means better battery life)
3: The camera is "decent". Not really a drawback (I mean, hey...the phone is $400!), but if camera is a big deal it's something to think about.
4: It sounds like Android Pay is not yet supported, but ought to be soon.

Long battery life is a BIG plus, though...and the price (especially with the $100 discount) is fantastic enough to make me think I might try to get in on the flash sale. I did sign up just to have a chance if I decide to go for it. I'm currently on Sprint, but we've been talking about moving to T-Mobile...which is the only way I could use the thing anyway.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Le Pro3 and Le S3 hands-on: Welcome to the U.S., LeEco | Android Central

The 5.5-inch 1080p phone has no real design flair, but is instead a simple blank vessel to carry high-end specs that look great on paper: a Snapdragon 821 processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, a massive 4070 mAh battery (with Quick Charge 3), a one-touch fingerprint sensor and a 16MP rear camera can all be found inside.

The metal itself is simple and coated with a high-gloss sheen that separates it from the Le S3's more raw aluminum look, and aside from the capacitive buttons below the screen nothing actually stands out about the hardware design. Unless the lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack is considered standing out at this point.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one. We haven't even switched to T-Mo yet, so I can't say if I'll even keep it...but it seemed like a good deal on a promising device. We shall see...

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little skeptical about the display. My LG G3 is quad HD at the same size (5.5")...so this is actually a step down. I'll still reserve judgment until I can see it first hand.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping for some in-depth reviews that spend a lot of time covering the main concerns. Namely software stability, support, and how reliable the body is.

The fact that barely anyone says a single word on the huge black bezels has me very sceptical of many hands-on reviews.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Android pay works fine! I have my unit already. Any questions, ask away!
I'd definitely like to know about the camera and how it compares to other devices you own/have owned.

Also, I've seen different sources say that it does have expandable storage and that it does not. Please settle this one for me!

Thanks.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd definitely like to know about the camera and how it compares to other devices you own/have owned.

Also, I've seen different sources say that it does have expandable storage and that it does not. Please settle this one for me!

Thanks.
Both DO NOT have expandable storage but the Pro does come with 64gb of internal instead of 32 like the S3

romiust

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

Single sim card with no expandable memory. Camera seemed decent,maybe not better than the LG g4 .way better than my HTC one m8.

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

I bought this phone for my wife. We are coming from the Asus Zenfone 2.
This phone seems like a good step up in every way. It's solid build, premium chip and huge battery are some sweet selling points at a great price.
The software is a bit weird but after a week or two It will be normal.
The camera is better than I expected. Indoor shots look bright and crisp.

I'm thinking of buying another one for myself. I'll kick myself if I miss out on the $100 off.

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I put the Google Now launcher on my wife's phone last night and she is perfectly happy with it now. It's just going to take a bit of muscle memory training to get used to the flipped back button.
I'm really starting to wonder why this phone is being overlooked. it kicks ***

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm really starting to wonder why this phone is being overlooked. it kicks ***

Part of me wants to hate it just because of the name...the faux French-sounding name of a Chinese company.
Then there's the pricing. People generally want to believe that, when it comes to smartphones, you can't get a quality phone for $150 or - in the case of a 821, all-metal body Pro 3 - $300.
Lastly, I think people are turned off the Flash Sale model. I agree it's not the best way to sell in the US, but I can understand the reasons for not wanting to go all-out. Oneplus took two or three cycles to get over their odd invite-only sales model. When stepping into a loaded - and uncertain - market, caution leads to these sorts of things.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Part of me wants to hate it just because of the name...the faux French-sounding name of a Chinese company.
Then there's the pricing. People generally want to believe that, when it comes to smartphones, you can't get a quality phone for $150 or - in the case of a 821, all-metal body Pro 3 - $300.
Lastly, I think people are turned off the Flash Sale model. I agree it's not the best way to sell in the US, but I can understand the reasons for not wanting to go all-out. Oneplus took two or three cycles to get over their odd invite-only sales model. When stepping into a loaded - and uncertain - market, caution leads to these sorts of things.

For me, the flash sale thing but really the size. If they make a smaller phone, I might be more open to giving it a try even though I think it's cool.

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
If you really don't like the flash sales, feel free to buy it at full price. It's worth it. It does not seem that the flash sales are selling out very quickly regardless.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one. We haven't even switched to T-Mo yet, so I can't say if I'll even keep it...but it seemed like a good deal on a promising device. We shall see...

Did you get it yet? I'd be interested in your honest opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary