Full LeEco S3 Review - An amazing budget option

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the review. With these Chinese low priced phones , it seems like software and camera are the weak points.

If you are counting it as sub $200 as that's the price you paid after promotions then I paid $20 for my Moto Z play and$40 for my ZTE zmax pro, both after promotions. Personally I don't see the s3 as being 7x better than my Moto z play .

Whoa! How'd you get those so cheap?! I'm talking the price I paid up front for the phone was $150 unlocked and off contract.

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
And how exactly did you get your Moto Z Play for 40 bucks? Cause unless it was from their website where you could literally purchase it for $40, that has nothing to do with the same thing.

I wouldn't say having to be part of some overpriced plan with a bunch of requirements is exactly the same as buying a phone unlocked with no string attached.

If I'm not getting it and you can just go out, or you could just go out, not part of any carrier, and buy the Z play for $40, then I take it back. But I don't think that's the case.

EDIT

Well I sounded like a jerk.

Sorry about that lol.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Whoa! How'd you get those so cheap?! I'm talking the price I paid up front for the phone was $150 unlocked and off contract.

It was$408on Verizon dpp -$200 coupon - $300 trade in for a cracked screen g4 + $110 for the cracked screen g4. There was no service contract involved. I bought it at the end of September and the phone has as of now been fully paid for and the$300 trade in has been used. It was the Verizon version obviously but it was factory sim unlocked.

As for the zmax pro, I just ported one of my Verizon lines to metroocs for a month and they sold me the phone for$40. Note that one month service did cost$30, but I was able to use it on metroocs for the whole month.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And how exactly did you get your Moto Z Play for 40 bucks? Cause unless it was from their website where you could literally purchase it for $40, that has nothing to do with the same thing.

I wouldn't say having to be part of some overpriced plan with a bunch of requirements is exactly the same as buying a phone unlocked with no string attached.

If I'm not getting it and you can just go out, or you could just go out, not part of any carrier, and buy the Z play for $40, then I take it back. But I don't think that's the case.

EDIT

Well I sounded like a jerk.

Sorry about that lol.
My point is that you can't buy the s3 for under$200 today.

Yes it was somewhat involved, but getting a Moto Z play for$20 for like an hour's effort was worth it for me, though I realize that it isn't worth it for everyone, and bit everyone can get on the deal... Just like not everyone can currently get an s3 for under$200

I also got a few s6 edge for Free after rebate back in may from best buy. Though likewise I know that many people don't want to deal with rebates. But for that deal, anyone could have done it.

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
$300 trade in for a cracked screen g4 + $110 for the cracked screen g4.

That's what I thought. I don't see how trading in a $300-500(depending on when purchased) phone counts as an instant rebate that anyone can do. Unless everyone but me can magically pull them out of their rears.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, when 9/10 people buying an S3 as their daily driver either have no phone or no phone worth trading in, none of this matters. The only phones I've seen that are readily available to buy UNLOCKED just off the internet is some Blu phones. And even they don't have anything at this price point with these specs.

As for not being able to get one today for under $200, actually you could. The sale started at noon and ran until 3-4PM? And it starts again in a week.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought. I don't see how trading in a $300-500(depending on when purchased) phone counts as an instant rebate that anyone can do. Unless everyone but me can magically pull them out of their rears.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, when 1/10 people buying an S3 as their daily driver either have no phone or no phone worth trading in, none of this matters. The only phones I've seen that are readily available to buy UNLOCKED just off the internet is some Blu phones. And even they don't have anything at this price point with these specs.

As for not being able to get one today for under $200, actually you could. The sale started at noon and ran until 3-4PM? And it starts again in a week.

Like I said above, I paid$110 for a cracked screen g4 and traded it in for $300.

Again, you can't buy it TODAY for under $200. Sure you can wait for the sale, but that isn't the regular selling price. So it isn't a sub $200 phone.

The ZTE zmax pro is $99, granted it is locked but I was easily able to unlock it for a small cost and you can walk into any MetroPCS store and buy it for that price. No need to wait for some special sale. Because waiting for a special sale means that you are alr willing to jump through some hoops to get it. So it just depends on what hoops you are willing to jump through.

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Like I said above, I paid$110 for a cracked screen g4 and traded it in for $300.

Again, you can't buy it TODAY for under $200. Sure you can wait for the sale, but that isn't the regular selling price. So it isn't a sub $200 phone.

The ZTE zmax pro is $99, granted it is locked but I was easily able to unlock it for a small cost and you can walk into any MetroPCS store and buy it for that price. No need to wait for some special sale. Because waiting for a special sale means that you are alr willing to jump through some hoops to get it. So it just depends on what hoops you are willing to jump through.

Alright I did misread that part, but the majority(not of the people here that bought it) don't want to go through searching CL or ebay for a cracked screen phone to trade in. What he(and I) mean about this being such a good deal is for someone who just needs a new phone. I'm always on the search for good deals, but I don't want to go through the hassle of buying a broken phone and hoping my carrier will take it and give me twice as much credit.

Once again, this is a good phone for $150. For the full price of $250 I wouldn't even say right off the bat I recommend it, because I don't know what else is out there for $250. I still don't see how going through buying and trading phones and still have to pay for it.

I for one would wait a week and get a great phone for $150 then take however long buying and trading to get the best deal. If that's what you do, good for you. 90% of people wouldn't think about.

But whatever, I guess there are better deals then it if you want to hunt around. But All we were trying to say is that this a great phone for $150 if you get it onsale.

That's that. :)

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I would appreciate that. I'm thinking that Mediaserver what's partly causing it since it is my second most used at 11%. I do not do any gaming on my phone, just calls, text, Whatsapp, Kakaotalk, Groupme, and stream music through Spotify. But all in all, a very snappy, great phone.

Here's my overnight battery stuff. Not really a great reflection of a full day of use, but still interesting.

Attachments

• 243.jpg
    243.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007