Death sentence for my Le Pro3

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
So last night my wife and I were on the couch and my phone was on the coffee table. She reached for her drink and it tipped over. Some of the drink got on my phone and I quickly scooped it up and dried it off...but I could almost immediately see something was wrong. First, I kept getting the notification about headphones being plugged in even though nothing was connected to the USB-C port. I rebooted the phone, hoping it was just a software bug...and that notification went away and I thought it was all good.

So then when I went up to bed and plugged it in to the charger, nothing happened. No charging. I completely shut it down and then plugged it in again and at first it appeared to be charging, then it stopped...then started, then stopped...over and over. This morning the battery was down to 25% and it still was not taking a charge. Not from the regular cord, not from the Anker cord I bought. I tried through the converter that came in the box, I tried through the USB outlet in the kitchen, I tried through my car. Nothing. I think the USB-C port is fried. It wasn't even soaked! That's what kills me...the phone was in a case and barely got splashed!

So the port is apparently very sensitive and now my phone is down to 18% and I'm thinking it's a goner. I suppose I could hold out for a replacement? Not sure I want to now...the fact that it was so easy to take this device out troubles me and makes me less likely to want anything to do with another one. The amazing battery life will be a huge loss...

Anyway, I sent off an email to Le Eco support...we'll see what they say.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Tough break.:( In the future, with any kind of liquid exposure, the safest thing to do is to completely power off the phone, then do the drying thing (by sealing it in a ziploc bag with uncooked rice or other desiccants for at least 24 hrs), or following the tips here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ow-s/477140-guide-oh-no-my-phone-got-wet.html. If you continue to operate the phone while components are wet (and especially if you try to charge it), that could cause them to short out.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...it's been sitting in a bag of rice since yesterday morning. We shall see. They've sent me a Fedex slip for returning it for repairs. If it isn't working by tomorrow morning, I'll send it out.

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Well, hopefully it all turns out ok. It is a little concerning that it only took that much water to do that, but who knows what happened.

I'm not taking back what I said about the support being great as they were, but I may have spoken a bit too soon about my phone being fixed. After using the new charger for 3 days it no longer works and I'm back to my sister's charger.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay.

So after sending it out via FedEx and not hearing back for several days about the status, I sent LeEco an email asking for an update. I received a reply that I would hear within 2 business days of receipt (this was Friday I sent the message)...so I figured okay, maybe Monday or Tuesday?

Then this morning at work, I received a text from my wife that a phone had been delivered. I was dumbfounded. They basically replaced my phone for no charge...and within a week. The only problem...in the meantime I'd decided I was just going to go ahead and take advantage of the good T-Mobile deal on the LG G6 (which is waterproofed, by the way). So I'm slightly torn. I mean, the Pro 3 was actually an awesome phone and I really grew to like the interface and the overall feel of the device. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to stick with my G6. I've got expanded storage (128 GB), better support for updates, waterproofing, a better camera and, to some degree, a bit more durability.

So now I have a basically brand new Le Pro3 here, ready to go. I'd hang onto it, but now it's kind of a waste of money.

Need to figure out the best way to sell this thing. I genuinely liked this device (especially the battery life!!!) and would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable Android device...without hesitation.

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Okay.

So after sending it out via FedEx and not hearing back for several days about the status, I sent LeEco an email asking for an update. I received a reply that I would hear within 2 business days of receipt (this was Friday I sent the message)...so I figured okay, maybe Monday or Tuesday?

Then this morning at work, I received a text from my wife that a phone had been delivered. I was dumbfounded. They basically replaced my phone for no charge...and within a week. The only problem...in the meantime I'd decided I was just going to go ahead and take advantage of the good T-Mobile deal on the LG G6 (which is waterproofed, by the way). So I'm slightly torn. I mean, the Pro 3 was actually an awesome phone and I really grew to like the interface and the overall feel of the device. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to stick with my G6. I've got expanded storage (128 GB), better support for updates, waterproofing, a better camera and, to some degree, a bit more durability.

So now I have a basically brand new Le Pro3 here, ready to go. I'd hang onto it, but now it's kind of a waste of money.

Need to figure out the best way to sell this thing. I genuinely liked this device (especially the battery life!!!) and would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable Android device...without hesitation.

Yep, just like what they did for me, just with a phone instead!

I feel you, I love my S3 but that T-Mobile deal for the LG G6 tempts even me..

If you find you can't seem to get rid of it, I will happily take care of it free of charge. ;)

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Well it looks like my time with the S3 is coming to an end.

I just found a BRAND NEW AT&T S7 Edge at Walmart for $199. As long as AT&T lets me unlock it, it's my new daily driver.

I have no idea why the have the clearanced to near nothing but I'm glad they do! I would have bought all of them to sell them for $450 each but alas my funds only allowed for one. That and I try not to be a terrible person to all the other people who wants them lol.

romiust

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay.

Sell it on swappa

ravinder01

May 26, 2018
Visit site
hey J_grouchy help me . How did you replaced your le pro 3. tell me the procedure/formalaties. because same situation happened with me. Thanks in advance . and pls reply ASAP

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke