$99 to Repair XS Max back glass - Worth it?

nitinsalvi

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Asking for a friend. (Me) I have an Otterbox but somehow the phone dropping still managed to shatter the back glass. I have AppleCare but they informed me that they do not repair the back glass and it would be a full phone replacement.

Is it worth the $99 to repair the glass (i.e replace the phone) now? I'm wondering if the value of the phone come trade-in time at the end of this year or next year would be worth the investment. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
ppc marketing agency property in dombivli suraj palette The Guardians

Last edited:

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Seeing that iPhones hold their value better than just about any Android phone, I'd say it might be worth it especially if you want to trade it in eventually, because they won't give you much at all for a phone with a cracked anything.

Even on the used market, it will retain far more value if it has a new glass back.

They're asking $100 probably because those are hell to replace (thanks Apple for terrible ease of repair on their glass back iPhones).

But when it was new, I think Apple charged like $500 to replace the back glass.

If you wanted to keep it for several more years until it dies, then I'd just tell you to buy a dbrand skin to cover up the shattered back.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Asking for a friend. (Me) I have an Otterbox but somehow the phone dropping still managed to shatter the back glass. I have AppleCare but they informed me that they do not repair the back glass and it would be a full phone replacement.

Is it worth the $99 to repair the glass (i.e replace the phone) now? I'm wondering if the value of the phone come trade-in time at the end of this year or next year would be worth the investment. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts.

IMHO, I'd pay the $99 to have a spare device that I know works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn