How to install apps of android 4.4 on android 4.2

DE_NOX

May 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi
I recently bought Huawei gt smart watch but my android device has android 4.2 however Huawei wear app needs android 4.4 minimum

How can I fix this app to work on android 4.2 ?
I tried apkmirror app for Android 4.2 but it didn't work

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried apkmirror app for Android 4.2 but it didn't work

You won't find this in a simple app. What you are asking for is an entirely new version of the operating system, and that isn't easily done unless it's correct from the manufacturer/carrier. Your only option is to replace your phone with something more current, or you may get lucky and find a third party ROM that works (but it's not without some major risks as well).

DE_NOX

May 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for answering . It's Lenovo a3000 and company did not issue 4.4 however custom ROMs are available but I don't want to risk it

DE_NOX

May 29, 2020
Visit site
You won't find this in a simple app. What you are asking for is an entirely new version of the operating system, and that isn't easily done unless it's correct from the manufacturer/carrier. Your only option is to replace your phone with something more current, or you may get lucky and find a third party ROM that works (but it's not without some major risks as well).

Hi. Thanks for helping me

Yes , ROMs are available , but they are risky and I'm not a pro. So there is no other way?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for helping me

Yes , ROMs are available , but they are risky and I'm not a pro. So there is no other way?
Hi, welcome!

The problem most developers moved on from 4.4 to newer devices and andriod version they support those with new Roms, you should really consider moving on as your going run into so manny issues being on this andriod version.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree -- get a newer device. Using very old devices is not only frustrating in terms of incompatibility, but is also a security risk for you.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for answering . It's Lenovo a3000 and company did not issue 4.4 however custom ROMs are available but I don't want to risk it
This tablet was released 7 years ago. In the tablet and smartphone world, this is ancient and I'm surprised it's still useable at all with the limitations that come with its age. I hate to be blunt, but this tablet owes you nothing at this point and has outlived its usable service life by a long shot. As others pointed out, you'll start having other problems if you haven't already. Even if you did get a third party ROM to bump up one more Android version, that too will soon no longer be supported by app developers and you'll be right back in this same boat.

DE_NOX

May 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi, welcome!

The problem most developers moved on from 4.4 to newer devices and andriod version they support those with new Roms, you should really consider moving on as your going run into so manny issues being on this andriod version.

Yes. You are right. Thanks for informing and your help

DE_NOX

May 29, 2020
Visit site
This tablet was released 7 years ago. In the tablet and smartphone world, this is ancient and I'm surprised it's still useable at all with the limitations that come with its age. I hate to be blunt, but this tablet owes you nothing at this point and has outlived its usable service life by a long shot. As others pointed out, you'll start having other problems if you haven't already. Even if you did get a third party ROM to bump up one more Android version, that too will soon no longer be supported by app developers and you'll be right back in this same boat.

I'm surprised too ??????. It's working really well. Yep. I should replace it.
Anyway. Thanks for helping me out

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Even 5.0 is losing support for some apps, I think 6 is the oldest that is still widely compatible and the question remains for how long?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac