My first posting, and I have only had a smartphone for about a year.

When my wife sends me a text, I get the notification that I have received a text. The Icon Badge shows that I have a text, the LED blinks, and there is a notification at the very top of the screen. But when I touch on the text app, no text is there from her. When I check "Spam and Blocked", her text is there and I can read it. She has within the last week changed to a new phone. I was also recently added to a "group" to which she belongs, and all the "thank yous", etc. from all the members were driving me crazy, so I one-by-one started blocking the individual members of that group. Those are the only things that have changed within the last week.

I deleted her as a contact. When she sent me a text-same thing. When I added her back as a contact, same thing. Any suggestions much appreciated.
    07-18-2020 09:39 PM
    Hi, welcome to AC!

Which phone and is it stock message app?
    07-18-2020 11:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier do you have? First, go to your Contacts, select her contact, then tap Menu and look for a Blocking option. Tap it to see if she's blocked or not.

If that doesn't help, then go to your system settings, and search for "block" to see if there is some other system setting for blocking a number. It's also possible that your carrier has an option to block numbers at the carrier level, so give them a call about it.
    07-18-2020 11:27 PM