I bought a Gionee S9 some 4 weeks ago and recently, I discovered the charging is irregular.
    1. It charges slower despite using same charger I've always used with it.
    2. When charging, it gets to a point, it stops and from there it discharges.
    3. Using the phone even for mild operations like typing would keep draining the battery (it wasn't like that up until now, it keeps charging even with mild usage)
    4. I have tried the same charger on another phone and it works perfectly.
    5. I have used another charger on my phone and the story is the same.

What could be wrong and what should be done?
    01-05-2021 11:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's a 4 year old phone, so I would guess the battery is deteriorating. You'd probably have to get the battery replaced.
    Awesomemayor likes this.
    01-05-2021 11:45 PM
    Thanks a lot for the response. I think I should add that, with the phone came a newly installed battery. I was particularly mindful of the battery and demanded a new one which I got.
    01-06-2021 01:53 AM
    I would return it. Maybe the new battery has been sitting in a desk or on a shelf for 4 years as well. Even when not installed batteries will drain over time and it may also be a dud. They may be able to put another one in for you, but there is no guarantee it will work any better.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-06-2021 04:11 AM
    I might just as well be considering returning it... But could any other thing be responsible for the irregularities in charging and drainage of battery life?
    01-06-2021 07:24 AM
    I might just as well be considering returning it... But could any other thing be responsible for the irregularities in charging and drainage of battery life?
    Hi, welcome to AC!

I agree with B. Diddy being that old but try cleaning the charger port and put in safe mode , if still same then battery most likely.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-06-2021 09:38 AM
    The battery is probably somewhat deteriorated, but that shouldn't cause the charge level to go down when plugged in. A bad battery would simply appear to pause at worst. Losing charge level while plugged in is most likely a connection problem. Cleaning the USB port like Mustang suggested may help, but the problem could be internal. If it's been doing this from the very beginning and the USB port is clean, then I would try to return this for a refund or exchange.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    01-06-2021 10:19 AM
    The charge going down with the charger plugged in is a sign that the phone is using more power than it can take from the charger. That's usually the sign of a bad battery. Considering that the phone was released in November 2016 (meaning that the batteries were made around late summer/autumn 2016), even a "new" battery won't be 100% - it's been sitting on the shelf deteriorating for over 4 years.
    01-10-2021 02:26 PM