Prodigy email address needs to be on Samsung e-mail account

Txemn

Mar 30, 2021
Visit site
I had my Prodigy account in Samsung email account that comes with the phone, because of the password issues ATT had me delete the account. I asked numerous times if I will be able to get it back, Yes to my answer. They were not able to put it back so I am now on "Yahoo" and I hate their e-mail set up. Only once was I able to start setting it up (IMAP) and I was told need to check account settings of which they were right based on snapshot and another prodigy account plus info on the net. Now when I try again I get taken back to Yahoo sign in. I am not interested in bouncing around to look at e-mails. The guy at Samsung desk in Best Buy was worthless but that is another story. I guess I could try the geek squad.
I do have a Samsung S6 and OS is Android 7.0 Nougat

Any help would be grateful, suggestions?

Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unless you use the standalone Yahoo Mail app, you most likely have to use the generated app password for the account, not the password you came up with. See this support page: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html. This is for increased security, since Yahoo infamously got hit with a couple of massive breaches a few years ago.

Txemn

Mar 30, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unless you use the standalone Yahoo Mail app, you most likely have to use the generated app password for the account, not the password you came up with. See this support page: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html. This is for increased security, since Yahoo infamously got hit with a couple of massive breaches a few years ago.

Im not sure I completely understand. I believe I now have a stand alone Yahoo email since Att had me get the app from Google play. Where would a generated password come from? It is the same user name and password just under yahoo. Of course, this is my primary account and Im skeptical about granting access to my address and pix.
Everything started to change when a person accepted to use chrome whereas I've always used Samsung Internet and google. Then an update from Samsung and I lost my email account. Can i undo the update, closeout chrome and go back the old way Samsung way. I would just like to have part of it back.
Sorry for the book but so much to say.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you look at the link I previously shared? It explains how to generate an app password.

The idea behind an app password is that it's securely generated by your Yahoo account, so if you're using an email client (i.e., the Samsung Email app) you need to use that uniquely generated password rather than the password you created. Since many people create passwords that are easy to guess (and since data breaches with leaked user-created passwords happen with unfortunate regularity), it's more secure to use these app passwords.

Txemn

Mar 30, 2021
Visit site
Does this mean I can add (add account) my prodigy account email back to Samsung?
I did read it but im one whos wants answers but then concerned about messing up

Txemn

Mar 30, 2021
Visit site
I'm not sure what kind of password issue your Prodigy account had. Can you access this Prodigy account on your computer's browser? Can you try adding your Prodigy account to the Samsung Email app using these IMAP settings? https://getmailspring.com/setup/access-prodigy-net-via-imap-smtp

After the update. I received a notice saying that my password was not recognized. I tried numerous time with no success. I also tried to correct inbound and outbound password, no such luck. Yes, i can access my email on pc but it is thru Yahoo. Prodigy was purchased by Sbc and then eventually Att. Even though it was purchased I never had issues. My Pc also now sents me a notification that my prodigy settings are out of date.
This is the steps I take on my samsung phone
Settings
Add account
Type in my email address
Manual set up (other choice grayed out).
I am givin the IMAP option which I choose.
Takes me right back to Yahoo to sign in for my prodigy email
I know the Imap codes cause I snap shot them and compared to another prodigy account which is still in the Samsung email folder.

Txemn

Mar 30, 2021
Visit site
I should also add that I had prodigygame try and help me. So when i go to account on pc. I have an account under Prodigy and also under Outlook. The Outlook one happened when using prodigygame.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang