CHUWI Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 running Android 5.1

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am not sure anyone can help me with this, but I want to update the tablet to at least 8.1.0.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU7107504

This is a nice table that supports both Windows and Android at boot up time, you choose.

Looking at all the posts on the web it seems it can be done but seems to me confusing.

One site suggest the attached, but it does not tell me where I would get the firmware update, and how to use it.

Is there anyone out there in Android Land that can walk me through this process.

I do have a Windows 7 XP Laptop available to help with the update.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 2.18.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 2.18.11 PM.png
    255.3 KB · Views: 7

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, these off brand tablets from China really don't have any support in terms of Android updates. This is a tablet that was sold six years ago. If any Android custom ROM was available that would be found on the XDA forums. However, the chance that anyone developed a custom ROM for such an obscure product is slim to none.

The screenshot you've posted has nothing to do with your specific tablet. It is not a Micromax, Nexus, or Pixel phone, which that screenshot mentions. Custom ROMs are specific to an exact model of device and cannot be mixed and matched. Nothing for those phones mentioned in the screenshot is applicable to your specific tablet.

You'll just need to use Windows 10 in order to use a current operating system on the tablet, and use an up to date phone or a newer tablet from a well known brand for Android.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't know how people hold on to these outdated devices , me personally wouldn't just for security reasons

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how people hold on to these outdated devices , me personally wouldn't just for security reasons

That one might be worth keeping, since Windows 10 gets monthly updates. I have no idea how good Windows runs on that tablet, though. I'm guessing not very well. I had a cheap Windows tablet from Microcenter that couldn't even run Office.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That one might be worth keeping, since Windows 10 gets monthly updates. I have no idea how good Windows runs on that tablet, though. I'm guessing not very well. I had a cheap Windows tablet from Microcenter that couldn't even run Office.
I could imagine

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
However, the chance that anyone developed a custom ROM for such an obscure product is slim to none.
We might not need a custom ROM developed for this specific tablet. This tablet runs both Android and Windows, which suggests that it's an x86 or x32 system. That is, that it uses traditional computer architecture rather than what you'd normally find in a smartphone or tablet. An Android distribution which works on x86 systems, such as Android-x86 or FydeOS, might work here.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza