For those who switched from the Pre

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
What are your thoughts about the Evo compared to the Pre now that you have switched? I'm looking to make the switch next week sometime.

jmeitz

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I like the evo alot so far compared to the pre. Mostly due to apps and size of screen, its huge compared to the pre. The one thing i liked about the pre was the swipes to remove apps or delete emails. Also, the ability to have multiple apps open via cards. maybe the evo does this but i am not sure how yet. need to talk with an experience android users at work.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I like everything about it. Some of the menus are hard to navigate to on Android, compared to WebOS, and sometimes I can't figure out if an app on Android is really closed or what, but other than that, I like it more. Poor Palm

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So far so good, I'm still getting things set up like I like. Love the screen, Love the apps, its FAST. I'm still going over it though. Android takes a sec to get use too.

drgnlover

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Pure bliss, seventh heaven. I had my Pre when it first came out.. You know when there wasn't a video recorder etc... I rooted and homebrewed and created my own apps. It was a great phone but lacking in basic areas.. No voice commands, no mutli pages already open and default, not to mention the plethora of apps in the market :)
I think with Pre 'we' worked to make it a good phone with Evo it's a GREAT phone.. I am so happy I made the switch...

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having quite a bit of annoying, buggy behavior so far, but the screen, speed and apps are light years beyond the pre, not to mention the far superior phusical build.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I will never get a device that is just too new for the market (still is). I think WebOS and Palm still got a year to get it to even be comparable to what other OSes have now.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I see just much I've suffered for the past year. :eek:

When web pages have Javascript comments (e.g. Gizmodo) visible; you click a link and don't get a TMC error; when you can scroll thru your email without it freezing; and on and on, I feel like I've just gotten my first REAL smartphone.

Sure, I miss gestures and cards and think it's lame how we need a Task Killer app - the clerk actually told me to get one first - and notifications are a little weird, but as I whip from one app to the next in a fraction of the time it would take to open one on the Pre, it's the best $200 I've spent on a phone in a year.

I'm sure there are plenty of Pre users who really want to support webOS and HPalm, but the joy of a slickly running phone has to trump loyalty and stubbornness. I'm sure they'll say they're happy with the Pre. I say they haven't tried the EVO yet. It's like a guy who says he's satisfied with his wife because he hasn't slept with Angelina Jolie yet.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
It's ... different. For one, there's a size difference. Not only is this bigger, but it's heavier. Not "Oh My GOD" heavy, but you notice the difference. And I keep doing the gestures, so I'll have to deprogram myself from that. Also, OS wise the Pre was pretty simple. Not iPhone simple, but it was pretty easy to pick up and use, at least to me. This took me a few minutes of playing around with it, going into the different menus, the screen presses, etc. But now ... I'm in LOVE. It's so much more device than the Pre, both literally and figuratively. The only thing I miss, and I figured I would initially, is the keyboard. I like the way HTC corrects my spelling, but I'm paynig more attention now because sometimes I mispell intentionally, like if I'm using slang in a text message. It's easy enough to correct, but it's something to be aware of. I like the arrow buttons being there; makes navigating around in a message easier.

crashmore

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not entirely used to using it yet but the EVO initially feels like a much more powerful device than my Pre. I think webos was a bit more intuitive out of the box but I can already see the power and versatility of Android it's just taking me longer to learn how to really get the most from it.

There are a few things I do miss about the pre, I miss some of the gestures and I really miss my touchstone charger. Otherwise I couldn't be happier.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Im missing Cards and Swipe gestures. Other than that I'm ok.

This thing is HUGE compared to the Pre. The apps and the speed of this thing are killer though !

bigvic13

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just like alot of people, I miss the cards and gesture area. I'm still getting used to the Droid OS, but so far I'm definitely liking the Evo (especially not having to worry about the TMC errors). Also, I must say that for a soft-keyboard, the Evo's is fantastic.

As a sidenote, I just joined the forums, but what are some threads I should look at and must have apps?

melnick7

May 27, 2010
Visit site
i just checked a live evo at the shack! im ready to throw my pre in the garbage!
one thing i hated was google maps taking forever on pre. came right up on evo.
BYE Palm...hope HP throws money into R&D!

tkanavy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Be excited this phone is stellar. I still feel like using a gesture but the longer I use it the more comfortable Android becomes.

dannydos

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
this phone is fast. i love the app market, i love the screen size..i heart the kickstand!!!!!!!!!!!.... i'm going to root this badboy by the end of the day so that i can get the screen capture app working. but im very happy with my EVO! i feel bad tho for the PDF over at precentral.com they really don't know what they're missing out on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar