Rooting the Samsung Prevail on Android 2.3.6

jsjgamer

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey i am new to rooting android. I just updated my OS after i got my Samsung Prevail and I am at Version 2.3.6. I was talking to a friend and he recommended rooting the phone. I already Jail broke my iPod touch so i figured this shouldn't be much harder. I tried downloading a couple one click root programs from android central but it didn't root because of Operation not permitted error. I did put it into Debugging mode and took the SD Card out too. Any ideas on how i can root it? I want to be able to take off some of the apps that are already installed on it that i will not use so i can free up my space. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

jsjgamer

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
the only thing that concerns me bout that tho is most of those are flashing the rom correct? the biggest thing i am worried bout is i just got the phone and i dont want it to be a brick lol. WHat would you suggest? unless you know how to get those unwanted programs off the phone without rooting it lol. because a lot of those programs i cannot uninstall and it bugs me.

mslgs99

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Afternoon my Android updated to the 2.3.6 all i want to do is erase the apps i do not use and get some free space on my phone....

werewolves69

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
There is not 1 app on the Prevail that has to be on there all of them can be erased when phone is fully rooted, maps, contacts everything can be removed when your phone has been rooted

lastsion20

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Can someone point me to an actual ROOT that works for the prevail with gingerbread 2.3.6 ? I have tried all of the ones I can find and nothing seems to work. It says "you should have root" but I don't. I have spent an entire day searching and researching and trying this.

lastsion20

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
There is not 1 app on the Prevail that has to be on there all of them can be erased when phone is fully rooted, maps, contacts everything can be removed when your phone has been rooted
can you help point me to the download for the Root? I have gingerbread 2.3.6 on my prevail. nothing I have found seems to work. I'm about to pull out my hair.

Phobus

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a Samsung Prevail, with Gingerbread 2.3.6. I attempted the "one click" root. During the I saw a lot of "access denied" errors, then ended with "phone rooted". Nothing did happen.

Can the 2.3.6 version be rooted? I am very new to all of this and been reading for a few days. I am still lost a bit.

This is the link I used in my root attempt.
[ACS] One Click Root Samsung Prevail/Replenish Shabbyfied - Android Forums

I followed the readme.txt file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Should I remove my SD card and try again? Or is there a better root method for 2.3.6?

The only thing that has worked so far is my upgraded from the 2gig SD card to the 32gig. I basically copied and pasted the files from one card to the other.

Thank You
Vish

bnunez77

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
can you help me with mine..i tried several times and all i get is errors that the files are not able to be copied. the phone restarts buts its not rooted.

helvitson

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
The Prevail can't be rooted with 2.3.6. The only way you can root the phone with any tools is to flash it back to 2.3.5 using Odin. Then use the tools over here to root.

The process will work flawlessly then and you won't have no problems. Android Forums is a -great- start to learn how to root the Prevail. I'm running CM7 now with no problems whatsoever.

Good luck with your adventure!

mrscosey711

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Plz wud u b wiling 2 tell me what 2 do step by step I wanna root my phn to rmv unwanted apps like Hookt Latitiude Layer News & Weather SCVNGR etc

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie