iPhone 4 is official!

Plan on jumping ship to the new iPhone?

• Total voters

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
its probably because you are just another blind consumer that jumps into marketing schemes without actually knowing anything.

go away

Just being real and calling it like it is

This was the first thing in this forum (the entire site) that made me literally laugh out loud.

On another note... I just hit 4,268,674.53 KB on my Incredible this month. Resets on the 8th...! I wonder what that would look like on AT&T's new tiered data plan system???

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Not a fair poll honestly ;) but come on guys... the screen is very impressive. So what if it's a bit smaller than some other phones out there. Like I said in another thread, I appreciate all good technology no matter who makes it. Bottom line is this new iPhone is a very solid device whether you like Apple or not. That being said, I expect these reactions from a all Android site. :)

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually the new iPhone is very impressive. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not calling it how it is. I own Android devices as well as Apple products and I can appreciate good tech when I see it. So bashing the OP for him wanting the new iPhone is really not warranted.
That's no at all hat I was commenting on. Just the fact that as soon as jobs opens his mouth all the consumers that don't actually know anything about technology get all wet and immediately assume that its top notch in innovation and that everything else is of lower status.

I'm not commenting on a persons choice because as that is an opinion and preference there's nothing really dispute.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Look at the resolution. Then look at what an IPS display actually is. AMOLED is only better when it comes to power use, and even then, its not THAT much better. One thing that the IPS display will NOT suffer from is the horrible daylight visibility of AMOLED displays. (I have an N1, and its unusable in any sort of bright light)

Its pure ignorance to say that they created this screen 'for the sake of being different'.

They created this screen to help the resolution differences between phone and pad. No other reason to go higher than 140 ppi (which the USDA has shown is the actual limit of human vision in RGB color, search a good library for papers on determining sugar content of skinned fruits based on their color). High resolution on phone = apps on pad will scale better. +1 to Apple for forward thinking in this area.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
That's no at all hat I was commenting on. Just the fact that as soon as jobs opens his mouth all the consumers that don't actually know anything about technology get all wet and immediately assume that its top notch in innovation and that everything else is of lower status.

I'm not commenting on a persons choice because as that is an opinion and preference there's nothing really dispute.

I totally understand. It's all based on matter of opinion and what fits you the best really. What you describe goes both ways. You get Android folks who say Android is the best and you get the same for Apple devices. Just something we have to live with. Me being on both sides of the fence try to stay neutral but when I see something really good, I'll speak up no matter who makes it.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Look at the resolution. Then look at what an IPS display actually is. AMOLED is only better when it comes to power use, and even then, its not THAT much better. One thing that the IPS display will NOT suffer from is the horrible daylight visibility of AMOLED displays. (I have an N1, and its unusable in any sort of bright light)

Its pure ignorance to say that they created this screen 'for the sake of being different'.
Combination of smaller screen and higher resolution sounds horrible tho. I guess we'll see.
this can be proven by the surprising # of sales for the Ipad....I mean...really? that is just a huge itouch....
Exactly *facepalm*

iamtone

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually the new iPhone is very impressive. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not calling it how it is. I own Android devices as well as Apple products and I can appreciate good tech when I see it. So bashing the OP for him wanting the new iPhone is really not warranted.

truth

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
all i can say is that the iphone might be nice now (though it is locked up like a bank safe unless you jail break it) but at the pace android is going in like 4 or 5 months the iphone will be outdated haha. and everybody who bought an iphone has to wait a whole year for an improved version. we only wait like 2 or 3 months:cool:

timlot

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about Canceling for Iphone 4

Hear me out before I get kick off the bus. I've been totally infactcuated in evo news ever since it was anncounced back a ctia. I love my EVO even though it has a small defect ( a pit on the edge of the glass screen) waiting on bestbuy to get some in this week for a replacement. I know most folks here EVOs are probably perfect, but this has made me question the quality of HTC because my old sprint mougal had 2 dead pixels that I just dealt with. But, having seen this apple video of the manufacter process of the iphone 4 I'm seriously considering canceling my evo before the 30 period is up.

YouTube - Apple iPhone 4 trailer Video WWDC 2010

It just looks like a higher quality product overall. Hopefully when my bb gets my replacement evo in soon and I'll feel better, but right now this iphone is making me question my decision.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Might want to compare side by side before deciding. And don't forget, Apple is a paternal nanny that decides what is best for you. They'll suck you into an Apple only ecosystem. If that's what you want, the iPhone is probably better for you.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
No doubt the new iPhone is a very solid device. That's why I have an EVO and a iPhone. Best of both worlds. :)

See we all can get along, right? ;)

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
the droid xtreme will be nice but im waiting for the holiday season because thats when the really nice toys come out haha

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
We are talking about a phone here...right? New reality shows:

America's Got Smartphones
The Smartphonette
Dancing with the Smartphones
And of course The Smartphone Idol

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
AT&T = lol'able

Sprint Evo is for me.

Without starting a "my carrier is better than your carrier" thread - AT&T, in my area, is by far the best carrier. That being said, I always give the advice to people who are in the hunt for a new cell phone - choose the best carrier for you and then make your choice of device based on what is available to you.