iPhone 4 is official!

Plan on jumping ship to the new iPhone?

• Total voters
G

GenericMessage

I know many of you are watching WWDC 2010 right now.

So what ya'll think?

A FLASH ON THE CAMERA!? REVOLUTIONARY!

He claims his new screen is better than OLED.

It actually has buttons!

And when demoing it next to the iPhone 3GS, the new one had an ERROR! and didn't load the page. Classic Apple.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
iPhone iOS 4. Yawn...

News out today on the new iPhone. I have to say while it will have new features and I am sure a nice upgrade for iPhone users, I am not impressed overall. I know I am an Android fan but I try to be open minded on stuff like this.

I guess I just thought it would have more trying to compete with Android.

Hardware is so so.. Nothing really great. Higher res is always nice and they offer an LED flash finally but nothing really cool or new here. 5-MP camera but that is probably all you need on a phone. Front camera is more of a will-be-standard to me these days. Still no replaceable battery, lame, to me at least.

Multiasking (sort of) and finally wallpaper, folder support (about time)

Nothing a jailbroke iPhone could not already do.

Don't get me wrong, it will be HUGE as Apple's stuff always is.

Maybe it is just me but I would still consider an Android device over this if I were considering such things. i:)i

Unless you HAVE to have iTunes or specific software from the App store there is nothing here.

I will stick with my Evo. Win one for Android!

Last edited:

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4 video calling a major fail!!

so i was watching the wwdc streams and i wanna announce that the new iphone 4 with video calling is a major fail. WiFi ONLY!!!! Im so glad im getting an evo asap, go android!

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I knew it was going to be WiFi only. There was no way AT&T's network would have supported that.

Did they ever get it working even over WiFi though? I know it froze, but in the liveblog they didn't say if it resumed.

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If you're forcing wifi, then why not allow it to talk to Macs running chat? Why phone to phone only? What a major fail.

slighmd

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
so it's their "Retina Display" VS OLED. also, Iphone4 has video chat but you need wifi for it to work? so how do make a vid call on the move? Go EVO 4G! and oh yeah... where's the android killer? lol

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
so it's their "Retina Display" VS OLED. also, Iphone4 has video chat but you need wifi for it to work? so how do make a vid call on the move? Go EVO 4G! and oh yeah... where's the android killer? lol

Exactly what im getting at, its pointless to have video chat if its restricted like that. I was just watching the news and they are going off about the new iphone, they are saying its so cool to finally have a video chat. Like did they not see the evo just released with unrestricted video chat??

dre3k2

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If im on wifi.. I'll use my laptop to chat. easy as that.

it's going to become a big ordeal..

Person 1: "Hey, are you on wifi yet?"
Person 2: "Hold on.. wait. Yeah now im on."
Person 1: "Okay, let's video chat."

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site

All I'm saying is that with 28% of the smart phone market here, the iPhone, like it or not, is already an Android killer until Android makes up market share. It's just cold, hard numbers.

We can get as emotional about our phones as we want, but the numbers don't lie. Plus, I don't see why everyone is so hot and bothered about the iPhone here. Enjoy your EVO and move on. :p

Prkl8r

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Video chat is way better if we can call iPhone 4 users, so I'm glad (and a bit surprised) that it will be open. So we'll be able to connect using Skype, Fring or Qik.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance