Ics on galaxy note

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

I assume you have a US version of the Note.

You can run ICS on it, but not the official OTA one because it has not been released as of yet. There are several custom ICS ROMs out there if you are interested in rooting and roming your phone.

The OTA should be coming sometime in the near future, but as with any update, the actual release date is uncertain.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
GB, or Gingerbread is a all around OS for devices of all kinds (phones, eReaders, tablets etc.).

HC, or Honeycomb was made specifically for tablet devices due to their larger touchscreens.

ICS, or Ice Cream Sandwich, is the newest official release of the Android OS, and is basically slated for all newer devices again, like phones, tablets and others. This is assuming that the hardware in the device is capable of running the new OS properly without any hiccups.

Last edited:

j3ck3lr

May 16, 2012
Visit site
i just got my gt-n7000 yesterday. bricked my phone trying to flash to ics this morning. managed to recover it after a bit more reading. on ics now :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are some issues with ICS Kernals and anyone looking to upgrade should read up and fully understand what they are doing and how to restore in the event you have to.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Only for the international version of the Note. At&t still haven't released their ROM for the device.

I ended up rooting and installing a cooked ICS ROM and will use it until the official version is released. Hopefully, sometime before Christmas.

The phone is running fine on ICS and I have had very few hiccups. Just a few minor problems with an app or two hanging. That could be due to the app not being optimized for ICS instead of a ROM issue.

Granted, most of the bloatware is removed from these ROMs, and they are tweaked a lot. But the interface for ICS is slick and fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC