Does anyone know of a way to make it so Google Now has an easier time texting or calling a contact? For example I say "Send a text to Rachael <message>." and instead of it doing that it bring up a screen that says "Send a text to Rachel" and under it has a link to "All People" which just opens up my contacts. I know with Siri (I hate that I am comparing Google Now to it) there is a way you can teach it to tie names to accounts. So if I say "Call Mom" it will know to call Lauraine as I have her full name in my contacts and not "Mom".
    10-04-2012 03:27 PM
    The command is like this

Text Rachael <Message>

Call Rachael

also check this out
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...-commands.html
    10-04-2012 03:32 PM
    I tried that too, but it didn't work. I think it has to do with her name being spelled different then the norm. Most spell it Rachel not Rachael. I just wish there was a way to configure it better with names.
    10-04-2012 08:33 PM
    I tried that too, but it didn't work. I think it has to do with her name being spelled different then the norm. Most spell it Rachel not Rachael. I just wish there was a way to configure it better with names.
    You can test that theory by editing the name in the contact list temporarily. If it works after that, just leave the change in. Rachael isn't going to care. It is not going to learn anything regarding your contacts. It just reads them as they were input. Have you tried using the phonetic name or nickname fields?
    MCMLXXV likes this.
    10-05-2012 09:20 AM
    i'm having the exact same problem. whenever i say "text NAME .... where you at?" it does an internet search for that phrase. I can't get it to send a message. only thing i miss about ICS.
    10-11-2012 06:23 PM
    i'm having the exact same problem. whenever i say "text NAME .... where you at?" it does an internet search for that phrase. I can't get it to send a message. only thing i miss about ICS.
    It understand proper English. "Where you at?" is anything but.
    10-12-2012 09:45 AM
    Add a phonetic name to the contact, perhaps.
    08-25-2013 04:27 PM