4.2 lock screen options - the most moronic thing ever

arathkone

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I respectfully disagree. I've been waiting for the ability to have quick camera access AND a secure phone for a long time.

The widgets, I'm not 100% sold on but when they start going beyond the simple included ones I may be more interested. Weather and time widget on the lock screen for example is a great idea.

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, somehow I can't start liking it. The phone took a picture when in the pocket. How hard is it to unlock the screen and hit Camera?

I do construction. I often accidentaly hit the power button when I bend, carry sth, climb a ladder etc. At least I should have an option to disable it...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You are trolling! It slides itself when touches my leg.

lol ^

What I want to know is how your phone is turning on in your pocket in the first place? Then somehow switching panels by grazing your leg?

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I just explained it. I had had the same problem before they introduced pattern screen unlocking. Sometimes I even dialed someone's phone number and left them a 1/2 hr long voicemail. Try doing roofing and you'll see I'm not making it up.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i still find it hard to believe that you automatically press the power button. and your legs find the right pattern for your lock screen.
not to mention pattern has to touched and dragged in the right order. if you remove your finger that pattern unlock will fail.
Also, if not used for a while the screen will go blank again, and your leg has to do the whole process again.

finally have to call someone. too many coincidence for this to happen, and this happen to you often.
sure someone is not monitoring your phone.

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Gosh.... Do you have the new Android????? Pattern does not block the phone from taking pictures! You don't need to enter your patter to switch to the camera. One slide to the right and the camera turns on. And I push the power button many times during all day sqatting and working on my knees in tight jeans. However it only turns random stuff when I place the phone screen in my leg's direction in the pocket. Apparently the interior of the pocket doesn't block the touchscreen from touching it with my leg.

Last edited:

arathkone

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
While I've never hit the power button with the phone in my pocket I have put the phone in with the screen still on in the past and the contact with my leg has created some strange results. I understand that point of view and I do agree it should be optional. Shouldn't be hard to have the ability to turn it off. Maybe it'll be there in 4.2.1.

starleaf1

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps, while waiting for the developers to fix this, you should try making a habit of putting your phone in your pocket facing outwards to keep the screen from your leg skin.

phaserbanks

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm also curious how to disable this feature. It's bad enough that my emergency dialer opens up in my pocket, but now I'm going to be taking pictures of lint and spare change.

I understand the desire to add new features, and I even understand how some people might like this particular one, but developers need to give the user control over any new features they add. I've played with this update and I can't find any options whatsoever to customize the new lock screen features.

Also, the font on the clock is making me twitchy.
WHY ARE THE HOURS IN BOLD FACE?? OMG TURN IT OFF!!
(not joking, it's driving me nuts)

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps, while waiting for the developers to fix this, you should try making a habit of putting your phone in your pocket facing outwards to keep the screen from your leg skin.

So he breaks the screen the first time he smashes up against something while working?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, the font on the clock is making me twitchy.
WHY ARE THE HOURS IN BOLD FACE?? OMG TURN IT OFF!!
(not joking, it's driving me nuts)

i know right???? i want my bright blue back!!!

so i just updated to 4.2.2. i dont see any difference yet other than some annoying things. 1st thing is mentioned above. 2nd thing, what is up with the lock screen??? its so wonky and unprepared. it feels really half assed. i was really hoping to see a similar lockscreen feature to the razrs. i dunno wth this new thing is, its annoying, unresponsive and doesnt even feel like the phone is locked. it feels like its just another layer on top of my home screen. i def do feel a bit of a lag now.

Last edited by a moderator:

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just because someone uses their phone differently than you, or has a different opinion on its features, doesn't mean that they're inherently incorrect or trolling. Let's keep that in mind here. Furthermore, let's keep any inappropriate language out of the discussion.

For the record, although I like the lockscreen widgets and quick-access camera as concepts, I do not at all like how easy it is to swipe to the camera, and more importantly, left to the widgets and "add widget" option. I frequently swipe a bit too far to the left or right unintentionally, and it isn't always a result of how I store my phone.

SylarC

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

So the phone then the concaved screen then works against comforts and allows you to scratch the screen with the tool belt?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey