S2, voice notification of page, help me get rid of it.

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded over the weekend, and now whenever the notifications are set to anything but OFF, the darn phone tells me what page I am on, via voice. "page 1 of 3, page 2 of 3" etc. how do I turn this off, but leave all other notifications on?

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
settings-->accessibility-->talkback-->off
That's exatly what I thought would work, but it IS off, and it still tells me what page I'm on. I've re-booted the phone, even pulled the battery and it's still telling me what page I'm on.

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I've tried every setting I can think of to fix this, it's sooooooo annoying. I've turned it back on, rebooted, turned it off, rebooted... nothing seems to work at all.

How do I go about doing a compelte reset to factory and re-installing the upgrade?

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ha HA, finally found it on my own... just have to do a hard reset after installing Jelly Bean, who knew? Not me..

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope, that didn't help....

With Talkback OFF, a complete hard reset and nothing installed, as soon as the media volume is turned up, my phone tells me what page I'm on, every time I flip the page.... soooooo annoying.

demetrio jurado

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I guess I found it. I just disabled google text to speech, I did it under application manager. I dont know if this is going to affect other apps but its been helpful so far.

an8165

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Finally resolved.

In my case, there was an App called "Notification History" installed which was causing this. I uninstalled this App and voice notification of page vanished.

This is the app that I am talking about.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.evanhe.nhfree&hl=en&token=vS8swKSg

I had this app on Android ICS as well but never had any issues. Once I upgraded to Jelly Bean and turned on this App, voice notification of page started. Uninstalling it fixed the problem.

Rajesh Jayabalan

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Same issue from yesterday after updating android to 4.1.2 , checked all apps, and other solutions mentions in this and other threads the only solution to work is disabling google text to speech and samsung tts

Rajesh J

Peter van Diessen

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Just found the solution (that worked for me, all others had no effect)
go to Settings -->Accessibility, scroll down to the Services Category and click Addons Detector. Read the bottom paragraph. Then turn that function OFF.

Good luck!

Dutch29

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Nope ,
That did not do it for me. I turned it off by going to "Accessibility"then "Hearing" and then "Turn off all sounds".That seemed to do the trick.

Last edited:

ofnilsen

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
This annoying thing happened to me too now.
If you have any solution to it please post it here before I throw the phone in the wall, because now it is not only annoying but it is embarrassing to use the phone in public.

Dutch29

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Found not a permanent solution to totally get rid of it but actually a pretty good solution.
First, push volume up or down buttons on the side of your phone and then hit the settings cog and choose to turn Media all the way down.
You will need to turn it back up when you listen to music or YouTube, etc.

Lolabelle5

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU!!!!! I did go to the Accessibility Services, however i did not have Add on option. I did however have No Led App which was switched on there. I turned it off in that menu and it seems to be working fine with out yelling at me. my No LED app is still functioning fine also. Must be a different setting for the app