Google Now keeps saying my location service is off

Prandroid81

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
You can download the update manually. Click the link above and look through the comments. That's what I did to update. Worked fine.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Eddie Potros

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have to download anything. The thing that fixed it for me was to turn off fast reboot then restart the phone and it all worked properly after that. I turned fast reboot back on now and it's still good. HTC One with Rogers Canada got mine 3 weeks ago.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have to download anything. The thing that fixed it for me was to turn off fast reboot then restart the phone and it all worked properly after that. I turned fast reboot back on now and it's still good. HTC One with Rogers Canada got mine 3 weeks ago.

I finally got the Google Play update, but factory reset was the only thing that worked for me. I would recommend you keep fast boot turned off as using that is never a good idea as it doesn't clear everything out. Simulated battery pulls work wonders.

sent from my EvoLte using Tapatalk 2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Updating play store did nothing.

android 4.2.2

galaxy nexus.

my gps lock takes forever, when it used to take a couple of seconds. i have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, and all the rest, including full wipes. Nothing fixes this issue.

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem on my international HTC one s since a couple of days. Probably since an update of the play store app. Although I had the latest version of the play store, rebooting didn't help. Until I unchecked the fast boot option and rebooted again. Location services seem to work as before.

Posted via Android Central App

znkyaw

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to Eddie Potros. It is confirmed that disabling the fast boot and restarting the phone resolved this location service issue.

Both my devices, HTC Butterfly (aka HTC DNA) and Samsung Galaxy Note 2, which were previously having the location service issue (i.e. All android applications which are depending on Google's location service were not able to detect the current location) were resolved without needing to perform factory reset or software updates. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue. They are:

1. Disable "Fast Boot" option - Go to Settings ==> Power ==> Fast Boot (uncheck to disable)
2. Power off and on the device
3. You are good to go (check to ensure that the issue is resolved)
4. Enable "Fast Boot" again if you wish.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Toggling FastBoot and power cycling did not help me. I've tried virtually everything and still have the issue on my DNA. I have Google Play 4.1.10, I have rebooted, power cycled, checked and unchecked all the location options, etc.

Have been suffering for about two months like this and Google isn't responding to the thread anymore.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Toggling FastBoot and power cycling did not help me. I've tried virtually everything and still have the issue on my DNA. I have Google Play 4.1.10, I have rebooted, power cycled, checked and unchecked all the location options, etc.

Have been suffering for about two months like this and Google isn't responding to the thread anymore.

Sounds like you did everything but factory reset. That was what worked for me.

Sent from my EVO View using Tapatalk2

skibum55

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Just got a brand new Motorola Droid MAXX after switching from an iPhone, and the navigation won't work even though I have location access on. Sounds like this has been a problem in the past and I still have it. Tried a Factory Reset and that didn't work. Can I have my iPhone back?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got a brand new Motorola Droid MAXX after switching from an iPhone, and the navigation won't work even though I have location access on. Sounds like this has been a problem in the past and I still have it. Tried a Factory Reset and that didn't work. Can I have my iPhone back?

What do you mean by 'navigation won't work'? What specifically happens when, and what have you done to try to fix it?

PhilPoort

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I know this is an old discussion, but I am having this specific problem on my HTC One X, running on Android 4.2 with Google Play Store built version 4.6.17. I tried almost everything that is mentioned in this forum. Some things solved it, but only temporarily (for a few hours up to a few days). But nothing kept on working for longer periods.
Is anyone having a final solution for this, please?

Sarah Kofoed

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi chendriks27 - I'm just getting this problem now on my new GS5. I can't access your link though because it says it's a closed group by invite only and i can't ask to be added. can you help me out? i'd love to get this issue fixed without doing the factory reset...thanks!

HamidAsghari

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys...
I know that so many people around the world are having this issue, including me....
But a few minutes ago, I found a new solution to cope with it, and I'm happy to share it with you, and hope it works.
Google Location Reporting must be enabled in your Google Account, follow these steps:
Here it is, These steps worked for me:

1- In a browser sign in to the Google account which you want to use Google Now with.

2- Go to plus.google.com/settings
OR:
2- Go to accounts.google.com. On the "Personal Info" tab under "Google Plus Settings" click on "Edit Settings".

4- Scroll down to the bottom, I really mean the bottom. ;)
5- Under "Location Settings" check the box which says "Enable Location Sharing".
6- Go to the phone and see if you can enable the Google Now. You may need to remove your account from phone, and sign in again.

Pivacy Tip: Remember to adjust privacy settings in Google Location Settings. not to share your location with people you do not want to. Under "Who can see your Pinpoint location" and "Who can see your City location" set "Only You" or some other desired option.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma