Can you add new shortcuts to lock screen?

bravmer

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I want to add new shortcuts to my lock screen. I know how to replace shortcuts but does anybody know how to add new ones? I accidently deleted one shortcut so i'm stuck with 3.
Thx!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
I want to add new shortcuts to my lock screen. I know how to replace shortcuts but does anybody know how to add new ones? I accidently deleted one shortcut so i'm stuck with 3.
Thx!

Welcome to the forums!
Go back into your lock screen options, either Settings>Lockscreen or Settings>Display> click on the lock screen shortcuts, there should now be a plus icon. tap that and it should bring up a list of options. I think the limit is 4 or 5 shortcuts.

bravmer

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Golfdriver97.
Did that but not getting a plus icon on the shortcuts screen. Only the 3 shortcuts I have.
I'm using galaxy 2 with 4.1.2

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Golfdriver97.
Did that but not getting a plus icon on the shortcuts screen. Only the 3 shortcuts I have.
I'm using galaxy 2 with 4.1.2

This is most likely because you did not go all the way into the settings, as suggested by the previous poster.

You won't get a plus icon on the lock screen - you get a plus icon in the Settings> Lock screen> Lock screen Options> Shortcuts menu.

You need to actually press Shortcuts, even though it has an on/off toggle switch.

Posted via Android Central App

bravmer

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks DrSavant,
Actualy I did get to the screen you are talking about and on that screen (the shortcuts menu on the lock screen options)
I get no plus icon. Only the 3 shortcuts I have, and black all around :)

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks DrSavant,
Actualy I did get to the screen you are talking about and on that screen (the shortcuts menu on the lock screen options)
I get no plus icon. Only the 3 shortcuts I have, and black all around :)

Hmm, weirdest sh*t ever - just tried to remove and add shortcuts - all good...

screenshot2013060414300.png

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
This is Samsung-specific, right? I've been looking for something similar on my Nexus 4 but don't have a lock screen option. Or am I missing something?

bravmer

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have only 3 icons on my lock screen. Maybe it's because i'm using a hebrew version...
It's annoying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-05-09-49-08[1].png
    Screenshot_2013-06-05-09-49-08[1].png
    40.1 KB · Views: 35

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have only 3 icons on my lock screen. Maybe it's because i'm using a hebrew version...
It's annoying.

Why don't you try to switch to English, see if the + will appear, add shortcuts if it does, and then switch back into Hebrew?

Lahkzot yesum? Damn, what was wrong with livhor tohna? :) Someone must have been really bored on their localization team...

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I can't switch, the hebrew os is part of the phone and since it's a phone I got from work, I can't change the os.

Are you trying to say you don't have English in the Language and input menu, (its in the personal section of the main Settings menu)?

bravmer

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have and I tried to switch, but with no resaults. Guess i'll have to stick with my 3 shortcuts until (hopefuly) they'll fix it...

katamon

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,
Got the same problem, and also have an Israeli Galaxy s2 - I do tried to change the language first, but it doesn't work. Probably a problem with Cellcom (you too?)

Or.

mpowell33

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Bravmer,

Did you ever get a resolve for the "only 3 lock screen shortcuts" issue you were having? I deleted one on my S2 and I do not get the + sign to add one back unless I delete the third shortcut, and then I still see no way to add back the forth.

Thanks!

ChiNorthSideGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Go back into your lock screen options, either Settings>Lockscreen or Settings>Display> click on the lock screen shortcuts, there should now be a plus icon. tap that and it should bring up a list of options. I think the limit is 4 or 5 shortcuts.

"Lock Screen" is the screen at: "Settings" -> "Lock Screen"
However, "Lock Screen Options" is not an option if the Lock Screen is defined to be:
PIN
"Pattern",
"Password", or
"None"

In order to see "Lock Screen Options", configure "Lock Screen" to:
Swipe, or
Motion

then you will see "Lock Screen Options"
As said elsewhere, if you have 4 Icons defined, you will not see the "+" sign,
One of the existing icons/shortcuts must be deleted first (press & hold, dragging it to the trash can icon).

Hope this helps (FWIW, my carrier had to call Samsung to get this info for me)..

Melle Zwerver

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
maybe the resolution of your phone only allows 3, if you're willing to root your phone and going through some code, it is possible to get more shortcuts, i have done that too, and now i have 4 shortcuts instead of 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech