Is there any possibility to rename shortcut on the desktop of your device in android? Like in windows ... I hate long names of shortcuts when it ends with ''...'' etc

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-29-2013 12:06 PM
    Read the OP question wrong. My bad.
    06-29-2013 01:32 PM
    Depends on your launcher, but try Long pressong. the icon and select edit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-29-2013 01:45 PM
    Does Touchwiz launcher support to rename shortcut? Others do. (Next launcher for example)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-03-2013 08:20 AM
    Android: How to rename web link short cuts on the desktop

It is annoying when you create a link on the desktop but the website carries a great long name which you cannot rename for some reason using android. Usually only the first word or two under the link are visible, which means a lot of the time you can't even guess what the web link points to!

This method uses the dolphin web browser.

To create a link using dolphin you have to access the address toolbar for the browser, then press the plus symbol next to the address. A small menu pops up which gives you the option of creating a link on the desktop, or a bookmark, or a "speed dial" which creates a link on the browser start page.

For some reason best known to the developers, you can only rename links which appear on the start page as a "speed dial". Create the speed dial link, renaming it as you wish. Then from the start page of the browser you can drag and drop this renamed link on to the desktop.

Once on the desktop you can put all the links you want inside one or more folders by simply dragging a link on top of another one, which will automatically create a folder. You can actually name the folder, which is an improvement on the icons, which you cannot rename for some reason using android.
    01-13-2014 06:17 PM