I have seen a lot of posts on the forums about battery levels dropping even though the android phone is charging. Well, it is happening to me as well. I own a LG Optimus Regard with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich from Cricket Wireless. I tried cleaning the battery, switching battery savers, I even did a factory reset on it this morning. None of it did not work. Bit I did an experiment on small that you plug another 2 prong sockets into. When I tried it, it worked. It went from 82% to 87%. 5% increase from before. I realized that plugging the charger in by itself would decrease battery life, even though my phone is charging. So, the 2 prong adapter works. Or so I hope.
    07-04-2013 04:56 PM
    I don't know what you mean by "small that you plug another 2 prong sockets into".

It sounds, though, like the problem might be the charger. What happens if you try to charge it from a computer's USB port? Is there another charger you can try? Assuming the LG Optimus uses a micro-USB charging cable, any non-Apple micro USB charger should work.
    07-05-2013 05:10 PM
    I do have plenty of charger plugs that my sister does not use anymore. It is indeed a non-apple plug. I plugged it in and it worked. Battery level did not drop one bit. When i went to restart the phone, the battery level remained the same at 100%. I was extremely happy that I found charger plugs that my family were not using anymore. I also found out that it was not my micro USB cable, it was the plug that the cable came with and the plug that my phone came with.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-05-2013 08:53 PM