contact picture

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from an HTC Thunderbolt running ICS to a Samsung Galaxy S4 running JB. On the Thunderbolt I could pick which picture displayed for a contact (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, etc.). I can't figure out how to do that on the S4, it just picks the last contact type I linked to that person. Can anyone help me?

Posted via Android Central App

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
On stock JB you just go into the people app, open the contact, choose edit and right near their name is a place for a photo. Tap on it and you get a choice of taking a picture of someone or choosing a picture from your gallery. I don't know if Samsung changes that on their phones.

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I found that. I want to be able to choose from their pictures from Facebook, Twitter, etc. Is that possible?

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S4

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I found that. I want to be able to choose from their pictures from Facebook, Twitter, etc. Is that possible?

If you had any social network info embedded within your contacts, it should automatically assign their corresponding profile pictures/avatars based on that site. If you haven't added any yet, you can by editing contact details to include their social network info.

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured out the answer. I selected the contact from the list, then I pressed the menu button, then selected make default, and then was able to set my preferred caller ID picture from the social media pictures linked to the contact. I'm so glad I finally figured this out. It was driving me crazy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan