Ubuntu Edge looks awesome! Anyone buy one?

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
needing to donate a minimum amount, basically a upfront cost, and production will probably lag behind so far, I think they should've stuck to perfecting their OS first

vjynn

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
needing to donate a minimum amount, basically a upfront cost, and production will probably lag behind so far, I think they should've stuck to perfecting their OS first

I don't know. Canonical has been pulling strings on this for some time now. I think it will work great if they get the funding. It'd sure be nice to have Ubuntu Phone as a market offering.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am very tempted to drop the $600. If the next semester was not right around the corner I would be spending the money in a heart beat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I dropped 600 bones on it. Hopefully it gets funded, it looks pretty nice. I've used the Ubuntu Touch preview on my Nexus 4, and it certainly has a lot of potential once they get all the features added in.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So will it run droid apps on the ubuntu mobile OS and desktop OS? I would assume booting into android would be the only way to use android apps. If all android apps worked with ubuntu, there would be no reason to dual boot and waste the 6+gb of drive space on a droid OS.

The OS looks nice, but they always do in the paid infomercials.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12