Someone PLEASE tell me this is not how android is....

Ants Dont Sleep

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Just got a nexus 7, so far errything is cool except 1 thing. Can u have more than 1 app/program running at the same time? For example if I am streaming a soundcloud mix via chrome and I want to view another chrome tab or go to the home screen, can I do this without the music stopping? Say it ain't so, please. I just migrated from webos and u can multitask all day, at the same damn time! I could talk on speaker and send a text at the same damn time! Someone tell me I am just not using this thing right, please.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got a nexus 7, so far errything is cool except 1 thing. Can u have more than 1 app/program running at the same time? For example if I am streaming a soundcloud mix via chrome and I want to view another chrome tab or go to the home screen, can I do this without the music stopping? Say it ain't so, please. I just migrated from webos and u can multitask all day, at the same damn time! I could talk on speaker and send a text at the same damn time! Someone tell me I am just not using this thing right, please.

I'm not 100% with the app your talking about but I can multi task just fine. I can listen to music while browsing chrome/firefox at the same time. And browse the web while on the phone with someone etc.
Maybe you need to reformat it even though you just got it?
Android combined some things with webos and multi task is one of them. As well as that little task thing.

Brock Prodigy

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 100% with the app your talking about but I can multi task just fine. I can listen to music while browsing chrome/firefox at the same time. And browse the web while on the phone with someone etc.
Maybe you need to reformat it even though you just got it?
Android combined some things with webos and multi task is one of them. As well as that little task thing.

Soundcloud should work flawlessly in background anyways. It does with me anyways, on my Nexus 7

Ants Dont Sleep

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I see that the sound cloud app doesn't turn off, but if its streaming in chrome it does. The app will do tho.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Also, with Android, if you are listening to music or watching a video and get a call or notification from an app that needs sound, the OS pauses the media rather than stopping it.

I've opened video files in ES using the Quickpic gallery app and then mid viewing hit the home screen to check something. When I reopen Quickpic, the video instantly resumes. In truth, I'm not sure how much of that is attributed to the apps themselves or Android. Probably a little of both.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer