LG Optimus L9 : Rooting troubles

vayanui8

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently having a difficult time rooting my phone running on jellybean. Its an LG Optimus L9, model number LG-P769. Ive yet to find a good tutorial and I was wondering if anyone could help. Also, I dont mind if the info is somewhat complicated, I have quite a bit of PC experience, but please be precise.

Jerome Smith2

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Well the only reason I am posting this is because this is a top hit on google when searching how to root the LG Optimus. I went through alot of frustration trying to get it done but here is how I found on how to do it. ( I have LG Optimus L9 p76920f version 4.1.2)

First you need the 4shared app ( found on google store) and download LGpwn (found on 4shared not in google store.) With the LGpwn app you can root the phone with no PC. Here is a video I saw on how to do it . ( Root LG Optimus L9 No PC! - YouTube ) Just follow what the person does by the book and it should work.

The reason I wanted to root was to transfer apps to my external sd card which is a function the developers took off for the phone. I had a surprisingly hard time trying to find an app to transfer my apps. I finally used the Link2SD app found in the google store. For this app to work you need to have the phone rooted and your sd card partitioned which was the hard part. I found this website on how to do it with the program mini tool since it was a bit technical ( How to Partition SD Card and Use Link2SD in any Android Phone with Screenshots )

After that everything should work. Note: I had trouble initially installing the LGpwn first due to an insufficient memory error even though I had enough internal memory. All I did in the end was clicking factory reset on my phone and it worked.(google saved all my contacts and apps)

ArielMontesSr1

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an LG optimus L9 with metropcs. Is there a method to rooting this phone? and i ran the code for the spitebud thru terminal emulator and theres no such file in this phone......

Chaz Mccusker

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Well the only reason I am posting this is because this is a top hit on google when searching how to root the LG Optimus. I went through alot of frustration trying to get it done but here is how I found on how to do it. ( I have LG Optimus L9 p76920f version 4.1.2)

First you need the 4shared app ( found on google store) and download LGpwn (found on 4shared not in google store.) With the LGpwn app you can root the phone with no PC. Here is a video I saw on how to do it . ( Root LG Optimus L9 No PC! - YouTube ) Just follow what the person does by the book and it should work.

The reason I wanted to root was to transfer apps to my external sd card which is a function the developers took off for the phone. I had a surprisingly hard time trying to find an app to transfer my apps. I finally used the Link2SD app found in the google store. For this app to work you need to have the phone rooted and your sd card partitioned which was the hard part. I found this website on how to do it with the program mini tool since it was a bit technical ( How to Partition SD Card and Use Link2SD in any Android Phone with Screenshots )

After that everything should work. Note: I had trouble initially installing the LGpwn first due to an insufficient memory error even though I had enough internal memory. All I did in the end was clicking factory reset on my phone and it worked.(google saved all my contacts and apps)

So after installing and following the instructions from the LGpwn.apk and installing "SUPERSU" from the market. How would I go about getting a recovery "CWM/TWRP" with out having to use a Computer?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome