Apps not compatible with 4.3 (yet)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just got 4.3, which is smooth and sweet on my original Nexus 7. But, not surprisingly, it seems there are some app incompatibilities, even after a partition cache wipe. Here's my list so far--please add more, and also post updates when the incompatibilities have been fixed with an update:

Asphalt 7 (force closes after the splash screen)
MX Player (says it isn't compatible with this Android version)
Blox Live Wallpaper (blocks are all askew, with flickering colors
3D Tiles Live Walpaper (like Blox also askew)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
HBO Go (maybe--stuck on Buffering for a long time when trying to start up Bourne Legacy, might be due to slow wifi)

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Really? I'll have to try that. But it needs an internet connection at first to confirm the license, so how can I do that if the wifi is off?
That's something I read about a while ago; it's possible to turn off WiFi immediately after the licence check. I never actually tried that until I realised that the game stopped working yesterday. After reading your post I tried that trick again and the game closed, so I'm not 100% sure what happened yesterday?perhaps one has to get the timing right? It's probably best to wait for an update.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used my tablet much since I updated. IMVU2GO dosen't seem to work. I'll edit this post as I use my tablet later on to check for incompatibilities.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
HBO go was updated to work with 4.2.2 the day before 4.3 was released. It does NOT work with 4.3 here is their response.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. The HBO GO/MAX GO App does not currently support Android 4.3. *Please stay tuned as a new version of the application with support for Android 4.3 is coming soon!

Thank you,

The HBO GO Team

Being that it took them MONTHS to fix the app after 4.2.2 I suggest everyone email them @ ContactHBOGO@hbo.com and request a prompt update.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
The "Vitamio" plug-in keeps crashing - likely related to why MX Player isn't compatible.

"Get Jar" doesn't recognize my phone's platform at launch.

That's all I could find of my 180+ installed Apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
some of the apps like pie-control and similar apps which are service oriented now have a constant notification which is very annoying :(

The devs have already acknowledged the issue and trying to address them.

@Nexus4
Posted via Android Central App

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
some of the apps like pie-control and similar apps which are service oriented now have a constant notification which is very annoying :(

You can disable them but you'll need to do that each time you reboot. Definitely annoying but I rarely reboot anyways.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Willie G

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Did the 4.3 update on my Nexus 7 and Real Racing 3 now closes with an, 'App has unfortunately stopped working', pop-up with an option to report the problem to google which I have done. Ya think maybe google coulda made sure the friggin apps were gonna work on this new so called improved OS ? This is why people are buying iPads.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance