How do I upgrade my Alcatel ot- 995 from 2.3 to Jelly Bean?

Original Judasgoat

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am in Kenya and recently purchased the Alcatel ot- 995. Tried upgrading my OS using FOTA and I get the message "No updated information is available now." The phone comes with Android 2.3 which sucks and I got it with the knowledge that I would be able to upgrade it.
PS: The download on the Alcatel site didn't work either.
Please help.Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I am in Kenya and recently purchased the Alcatel ot- 995. Tried upgrading my OS using FOTA and I get the message "No updated information is available now." The phone comes with Android 2.3 which sucks and I got it with the knowledge that I would be able to upgrade it.
PS: The download on the Alcatel site didn't work either.
Please help.Thanks.
If no update is available it's because the manufacture hasn't updated the phone. If it is currently on 2.3 (Gingerbread), chances are that it'll not get an official Jellybean release, or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) for that matter.

Skrewface Ironliver

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Assuming that you have some knowledge on how to tamper with Android phones.

Yes, it is possible to upgrade the Alcatel One Touch 995 but with unofficial firmware. I point out for you to watch this thread

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
is there no chance to upgrad my android version?what is root

Not if no one develops a ROM for it. In this case it appears no one has. All they appear to have done was develop a Gingerbread ROM that looks a little like Ice Cream Sandwich. Sorry.

Root just grants the user access to the system files.

Note, this is an extremely low power phone. I really don't think you want to mess with it.

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. Isn't android standard like IOS? Jelly bean is jellybean isn't it? Or does it have to be tailored to each phone? I mean isn't there a generic android everyone can upgrade or that's not how it works?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. Isn't android standard like IOS? Jelly bean is jellybean isn't it? Or does it have to be tailored to each phone? I mean isn't there a generic android everyone can upgrade or that's not how it works?

No, Android runs on many devices so there are differences. IOS runs on limited devices. Even in Apple's case it is questionable whether a ROM from an iPod would run on an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood