Kindle App not working after Android 4.3 upgrade

shysock

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same phone and problem. amazon says it was preimstalled on phone so they can't fix it. it is still their app right? still frustrated and searching for answers....

Mohamed El-Sheikh

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Good evening, I have update the soft of my galaxy note 2 from android 4.2 to 4.3 but there is error message during installing new applications & during updating other applications looking for kind support soon

derekcogle

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Potito, thanks we bought a secondhand kindle fire hd especially to use with the kindle app, the fire was rooted with cm11 and the kindle app would not open.
I followed the instructions changing the manufacture to Asus and the device to Nexus 7 and we can now use the kindle app

lmon2

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Try upgrading to the newest version of Kindle for Android for your device. I just did that & the Kindle App started working again.

judzz

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Guys. I had problems running the latest Kindle App on a routed and modded Kindle Fire HD 8.9 with Android 4.2.2. The app kept crashing and none of my library showed. I could only make it work by using an old app version (4.2 instead of 4.13 current one). Being frustrated :confused: by this and trying many things I stumbled across this post. After having changed the manufacturer and model details, the latest Kindle App works like a dream. Thanks a stack for sharing! :)

Terry58

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
No it did not. I took my phone to the Verizon Store today and they tried everything they could think of including uninstalling the update, going to earlier versions on both phone and the app and NOTHING worked. I am bummed!!

gsteck

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
After software upgrade to my table, Kindle pages would not load. Went to Play Store, searched for Amazon Kindle, selected UPDATE, after update and syncing, Kindle is working fine.

baldy522

May 5, 2017
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue with a Samsung S7 Edge after the last update a couple of weeks ago. The Kindle app is pre-loaded and cannot be uninstalled normally. I am able to use Kindle on my phone though if I go to the play store and find the app and open from the play store, it just won't open from the app icon loaded on the phone. I hope they get this fixed soon.