This is the phone

Model: 11_gq2000s_fwvga
    Android: 4.2.1
    Baseband Version: MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6.P4, 2013/05/08 18:36

Kernel: 3.4.5
    root@android#6
    Thu Jun 1317:41:18 CST2013

Build Number: 11_gq2000s_fwvga_20130606

I have had this delivered from DHGate today. I have NOT flashed it, rooted it or anything. Its as it came out of the box!
    I set up the phone from scratch logging on to my network, setting up Google and as soon as its set up and on comes the home screen... the phone just reboots, and reboots over and over and over.I have been through this 5 times now each time doing a hard reset and trying again.

It also reboots when recieving a call or an SMS. The whole OS they have installed is completely unstable

if I skip the Google Set Up, and Do not connect to wifi or have a SIM card in and skip through all the set up steps till I get to the home screen it works fine and doesnt crash and reboot. Or again if i skip the Google Set up and use the SIM for data that is fine too. If I attempt to log into any Google Services.. the thing reboots and goes through a constant reboot cycle to the battery is removed.

I dont want to send it back if possible as it would have be sent back all the way to China! I am thinking they have installed a bad upgrade and didn't test it before shipping it?
    08-17-2013 03:16 AM
    What about adding your Google credentials via the accounts section of settings?

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-17-2013 11:30 AM
    I tried that as well but the same thing, phone goes into reboot cycle. I have also installed the latest version of google play and that has the same result. The thing also goes into a crash and reboot cycle if I receive an ams or a phone call which isn't very helpful! Im thinking that maybe if I install another ROM that will fix these problems, but I am having trouble finding the right one for this phone. Which is: 6.0 inch V89 N9776 Quad Core MTK6589 1.2GHz 1GB RAM 4GB Android 4.2 GPS WiFi WCDMA 3G GSM 2G Dual Sim Card 8.0MP Camera Smart Phone
    08-18-2013 12:41 AM
    Sadly, I'm not much help there. After you find one, let me know what happens.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 10 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-18-2013 12:58 AM
    Thanks Anyway..

Anyone else help?
    08-18-2013 01:40 AM

i finally heard back from the supplier who suggested to charge the battery for 8+ hours.. going to try that
    08-19-2013 06:20 AM

You may be able to help after all. I have the software in a .rar file they sent to me. I have copied to an SD card and expected to be able to install from boot screen.

They have sent me this file, 6.0inch quad core N9776 v89 u89.rar, that I have installed onto my SD card. If I go to boot menu (Android system recovery <3e> and try to unzip from there as some have suggested, the file is not there. If I unzip the contents then go into boot menu,
    I can find the file 6.0 inch quad core N9776 v89 u89, and enter but end up with either ../ or encypt and just keep going up and down the two choices.

What am I doing wrong here?
    08-27-2013 07:56 AM
    You may be able to help after all. I have the software in a .rar file they sent to me. I have copied to an SD card and expected to be able to install from boot screen.

They have sent me this file, 6.0inch quad core N9776 v89 u89.rar, that I have installed onto my SD card. If I go to boot menu (Android system recovery <3e> and try to unzip from there as some have suggested, the file is not there. If I unzip the contents then go into boot menu,
    I can find the file 6.0 inch quad core N9776 v89 u89, and enter but end up with either ../ or encypt and just keep going up and down the two choices.

What am I doing wrong here?
    Can you post a screen shot of the rar file opened in an archiver?

08-27-2013 08:00 AM
    Yes here it is.

Ulefone N9776 crashes and reboots-screen-shot-2013-08-28-7.43.07-am.png
    08-27-2013 04:45 PM
    Try renaming it to whatever.zip and flashing it. Rars aren't flashable in Android.
    Adam Meyer likes this.
    08-27-2013 10:02 PM
    Thanks! I think we are almost there. It starts to load then stops and .. Installation Aborted
    08-28-2013 09:06 AM
    Can you post a pic with the error?
    08-28-2013 09:07 AM
    Attachment 78404 Attachment 78405 Attachment 78406 Attachment 78407

I have ONE SD card by the way as you can see for some reason there is sdcard1 with all this stuff on it that keeps appearing. ((if i turn the phone on and look at the archive, it always puts in two files, backup and lost.dir (perhaps I should make the SD card read only?) )Then sdcard2 with the zip file I select the zip file and all seems ok but it stops soon after.
    08-28-2013 10:07 AM
    All of the attachments come up as invalid, somehow.
    08-28-2013 10:19 AM
    photo1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    photo2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    photo3 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    photo4 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

i think you need to click on the links. they wont show up here

Also I want to thank you for your help so far. You have been the only one who has actually responded to my post including that of XDE Forums!
    08-28-2013 05:04 PM
    All of the attachments come up as invalid, somehow.
    see below.
    08-29-2013 07:38 AM
    I'm happy to respond. I just am not sure how to use that recovery file. I'm going to get someone involved who has experience making roms. Perhaps we can turn that into a flashable zip.

08-29-2013 10:39 AM
    Hello,

Looking at your the rar file you opened/extracted I see the main ingredients. system.img, boot.img, cache.img, recovery.img, userdata.img.

secro.img , I'm going to take a wild guess and say that is your radio/modem image.

Not knowing this device its hard to help but you have the proper files in that rar file to flash the factory images as I would call them to the device. This is usually done thru the bootloader of the device and using fastboot or ADB to work.

I'm sorry I don't have a lot to offer beyond this but the file they provided does contain the goods you need, now just to figure out how to properly apply them.

Side note, going back to your first post talking about the device working fine as long as you don't sign into Google services or insert a SIM card. Is there a possibility you have a bad/corrupt SIM card?
    08-29-2013 10:48 AM
    Hello,

Looking at your the rar file you opened/extracted I see the main ingredients. system.img, boot.img, cache.img, recovery.img, userdata.img.

secro.img , I'm going to take a wild guess and say that is your radio/modem image.

Not knowing this device its hard to help but you have the proper files in that rar file to flash the factory images as I would call them to the device. This is usually done thru the bootloader of the device and using fastboot or ADB to work.

I'm sorry I don't have a lot to offer beyond this but the file they provided does contain the goods you need, now just to figure out how to properly apply them.

Side note, going back to your first post talking about the device working fine as long as you don't sign into Google services or insert a SIM card. Is there a possibility you have a bad/corrupt SIM card?
    I suppose it's possible, but the problem is moreso with the sign in to services. OP stated data over SIM is ok until he signs into the account.
    08-29-2013 11:34 AM
    Adam, I recommend at this point to contact the manufacturer again and ask them what they want you to do with that file. If you don't get instructions, let us know and I'll see about making that into a flashable zip. I'm sure I can figure it out through trial and error with Paul's guidance. Neither of us are very familiar with your device, which makes it tough. We'll get through it though!
    Adam Meyer likes this.
    08-29-2013 11:35 AM
    Ok! I have not heard from the seller yet. I can sometimes.. but not often get in enough to download and install one or two apps from playstore before it crashes and does the reboot cycle thing. Question.. is there an app i should download that could debug and fix this issue? or at least get some sort of report as to what is going wrong? Also I have found this facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AndroidPhablets if you look down to 22 July you can see stats.. ie 11_gq200s etc which is the same model. I have also found out the Make and model is actually Alps U89
    09-02-2013 07:26 AM
    Ok! I have not heard from the seller yet. I can sometimes.. but not often get in enough to download and install one or two apps from playstore before it crashes and does the reboot cycle thing. Question.. is there an app i should download that could debug and fix this issue? or at least get some sort of report as to what is going wrong? Also I have found this facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AndroidPhablets if you look down to 22 July you can see stats.. ie 11_gq200s etc which is the same model. I have also found out the Make and model is actually Alps U89
    You could get a logcat app and use that to dump the errors to a text. ADB is capable of getting a logcat as well.
    09-02-2013 09:26 AM
    You could get a logcat app and use that to dump the errors to a text. ADB is capable of getting a logcat as well.
    Cant seem to get it going again..
    Still have that zip file on SD card but still aborts while loading. Its an ALPS U89 with an MTK 6589 processor
    09-03-2013 09:17 AM
    This model is not the Star, right?

09-03-2013 09:27 AM
    Im pretty sure they are exactly the same thing. The specs seem identical but mine is definately called Alps U89. You will also get lots of Google entries if you search for Alps U89 N9776. (MTK6589)
    The phone keeps putting backup and lost.dir files on my micro SD card not sure if this is causing the installation to abort. Attachment 79254
    09-03-2013 04:38 PM
30 12