bit.ly links will not load

shanehar

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Note II with MacksROM 4.0 Android 4.1.1

Anytime i click a link to bit.ly or bitly.com even. It will not load. Page is not responding. My wife and i have the same phone, same rom. NO idea what the hell is causing this. In the built in android browser and in chrome. Simply will not open anything to do with bitly. Even the bitly app wont connect to authorize. I've googled my brains out and cannot find a single post or question regarding this issue.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could be a possibility that the ROM has the host file or something else modified to block or stop those sites? Just a long shot guess but we as a forum are well aware that those are "pay per click" advertising file hosting sites, etc... So each time you click a link using those someone is making a buck off your click to get to that file/page... Many people including most forums frown against this practice.

Only suggestion I could make is flash a different ROM and check and see what happens. If so then you know its isolated to just that ROM in particular and something the ROM dev has done to the host file or something else as I mentioned dealing with ads/spam, etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC