Restore original keyboard after installing Google Keyboard (<-junk)

spacesurfer75

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I made the mistake of downloading Google keyboard from the Play store and installed it. I really don't like it at all and would very much like to return back to my original keyboard. I uninstalled Google Keyboard app but now Swype is my keyboard. I don't want swipe! I just want to go back to the original keyboard that the phone came with! How do I do that?
Thanks for all your help :)
-Tim
HTC One
Android 4.1.2

this picture shows what I want to go back to.

Attachments

• HTC_One_review_08-580-90.JPG
    HTC_One_review_08-580-90.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 70

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I made the mistake of downloading Google keyboard from the Play store and installed it. I really don't like it at all and would very much like to return back to my original keyboard. I uninstalled Google Keyboard app but now Swype is my keyboard. I don't want swipe! I just want to go back to the original keyboard that the phone came with! How do I do that?
Thanks for all your help :)
-Tim
HTC One
Android 4.1.2

this picture shows what I want to go back to.
Long press a text field and choose "input method". This will pop-up a dialogue and you can select the stock keyboard.

spacesurfer75

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
It is really easy to change the keyboard. When you are somewhere where the keyboard (SMS screen doesn't work, but e-mail screen does work!) is displayed, just slide down the notification shade and there will be a notification "Choose Input method." Touch that and then choose the HTC Sense Keyboard.
This works very well. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Plz back my original key board GIONEE Android phone

Welcome to Android Central! Can you give more details? Did you install another keyboard, and can't figure out how to switch back to the stock keyboard app? Or did your stock keyboard app update, and you want to uninstall the update?