Odd behavior using "Voice to Text" ICS Evo V 4g

gmbun

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me with some very odd behavior I am having with my Evo V 4g phone running ICS v4.0.3 / sense v3.6.
When I first got my phone, the "voice to text feature" worked almost flawlessly. I routinely used it to dictate email and text messages very successfully. At some point in my phones evolution of updates, adding apps. and what not, something happened. The problem now is that when dictating, the words appear as I am speaking up to the point at which I pause my dictation at which point the last word is missing. When I continue with my dictation the entire line that was displayed up to that point disappears and is replaced with the next line of dictation. This continues and when I touch the "Done" button the only words displayed are the last line I dictated. This behavior happens while using a WIFI or 3G/4G connection. This is very frustrating and renders this feature virtually useless for messaging. I have searched through all the settings I can think of and now am wondering what to do next. I have never done anything like a system restore and the thought of potentially loosing everything I have loaded and saved up to this point is frightful. Is this my last resort? Or can someone out there tell me what the heck is going on? Any help accepted gratefully. Thanks

spanky686

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem exactly as you described it. It has been this way since early August. I contacted HTC and have not yet received a response. I too went through all the settings. Since it is the same way for you and I, I suspect it is either an app or software problem, that which was built into the phone. I have no solution, but am waiting for others to chime in or for HTC to returrn with a solution. I was even looking for another dictation app to see if it will work with this phone.

gmbun

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
[BOX][/BOX]
I am having the same problem exactly as you described it. It has been this way since early August. I contacted HTC and have not yet received a response. I too went through all the settings. Since it is the same way for you and I, I suspect it is either an app or software problem, that which was built into the phone. I have no solution, but am waiting for others to chime in or for HTC to returrn with a solution. I was even looking for another dictation app to see if it will work with this phone.

Thanks for replying. At least I now know others are having the same problem. I too will continue to search for another dictation app. that doesn't use the built in ICS speech to text engine and will post if I have good results. I was hoping a cure rather than a replacement could be found since I would really like to stick with the original integration into the original messaging apps.. I would appreciate receiving any info you get back from HTC. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan