[Nexus 4] Third party launchers causing reboot

Jordano

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 (build JWR66Y), with the stock ROM. I recently started using other launchers, at first Nova. I did notice, however, random reboots ever since. I thought it might be some new apps, but even uinstalling them didn't solve the problem. Then I switched to Action Launcher, and after a few hours of use, the reboots started all over again.

Now I'm running only the original launcher, no troubles at all. Any suggestions to solve this issue with third party launchers? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Jordano

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Actually, just now my system did reboot. Therefore, the problem is not the alternative launchers I've tested. Still, any help for this?

Jordano

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the attention, guys!

Anyway, I was all the way wrong. The problem comes from Chrome Beta and its latest release: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2437520.

The launchers experience did coincide with this update. And, despite the lack of replies in this thread, is good to keep this issue registered. One comment, though: what kind of mess, both from the operating system and the app, causes system reboot? Oh, God...just never complain or laugh about Windows anymore (which, by the way, is very very good).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20