Nexus 5 forum???

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
where is the nexus 5 forum? sorry about posting here but I cant seem to find it anywhere, or would this thread be allowed to be kept and discuss the nexus 5 seeing as it related to android 4.4 in a way:p

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeahh that was really interesting, in the vid the UI and everything looks the same(from the lock screen), isnt android 4.4 supposed to be a revamp of the OS and be like totally brand spanking new lookin??? It has to be, they did the same from ICS to jelly bean(exceptions of some UI differences), and now jelly bean to KtKat??? It cant be, I'm really hoping for a fresh new UI/OS(or however you say it) do you think that'll happen?? and from the leaked pictures, I cant really determine the material of the bezel or frame of the phone, do you think its gna be made out of metal or plastic? metal would really add class to the nexus line:cool:

goggles6

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, based on the prior experience ive had with my numerous devices and their updates (or lack there of), I think that google has switched the dessert when there is any sort of user facing change, not necessarily major, but larger than the restricted profiles. 4.2 and 4.3 were fine tunings of what google could/should have had in JB from the start. Now the sole difference here is that the big user facing change could be that google is going to make it available to everyone. Something that big may not have a huge change in features like ICS to JB did, but it is large enough where it will separate its self from these "fine tunings" that 4.2-4.3 have experienced. Hope this helps the understanding.
Yeahh that was really interesting, in the vid the UI and everything looks the same(from the lock screen), isnt android 4.4 supposed to be a revamp of the OS and be like totally brand spanking new lookin??? It has to be, they did the same from ICS to jelly bean(exceptions of some UI differences), and now jelly bean to KtKat??? It cant be, I'm really hoping for a fresh new UI/OS(or however you say it) do you think that'll happen?? and from the leaked pictures, I cant really determine the material of the bezel or frame of the phone, do you think its gna be made out of metal or plastic? metal would really add class to the nexus line:cool:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
All i got from that is there's no fresh UI coming anytime soon
Which isn't necessarily a bad thing :) There's a lot of ways to customize it yourself. If we can get the OS to further mature behind the scenes, or under the hood enhancements, then that's fine by me. We got spoiled seeing changes between every iteration of Android that was released pre-4.0 (ICS).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Which isn't necessarily a bad thing :) There's a lot of ways to customize it yourself. If we can get the OS to further mature behind the scenes, or under the hood enhancements, then that's fine by me. We got spoiled seeing changes between every iteration of Android that was released pre-4.0 (ICS).

I am highly inclined to agree. The more unseen things to aid the phone, the better.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
If it stays the same i'd be alright with it or fine with it, but not amazed awe by it as its supposed to be! hopefully they bring out android 5.0 in march 2014!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey