Firmware Upgrade Encountered an issue

e-t-a

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting a message that says "Firmware Upgrade Encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I have already tried using Kies but it does not detect the device. I'm using a galaxy s3 model SCH-S960L, my carrier is net10. I tried looking for my phone model for a firmware update but was not able to find it. Does anyone know of a way to recover my phone?

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting a message that says "Firmware Upgrade Encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I have already tried using Kies but it does not detect the device. I'm using a galaxy s3 model SCH-S960L, my carrier is net10. I tried looking for my phone model for a firmware update but was not able to find it. Does anyone know of a way to recover my phone?
This is why I don't use Kies, I see this happen a lot. What you would need to do is put the phone in download mode and flash the stock image for your model number with Odin. Sadly, it looks like there is no stock image for the SCH-S960L. It's basically the Sprint SPH-L710, but it's not completely. If you flashed the sprint image you could mess something up. At this point I would send it in for repairs because it's technically Samsung's fault. I'm pretty sure they will help you if your limited warranty is still valid