Email Notifications Return on Restart

dalecon

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,
I recently purchases a samsung s4 so im not sure if this should be here or in the samsung thread for a question about the non google email client.

I tried to send a few emails thay were too large with photo attachments. I deleted them after they failed to send, but now whenever I reboot my phone they come back in the notification panel. I click them and it brings me to an emptt outbox and I dismiss. Does anyone know how to clear these notifications from the memory?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Wanthong Rangsan

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,
I recently purchases a samsung s4 so im not sure if this should be here or in the samsung thread for a question about the non google email client.

I tried to send a few emails thay were too large with photo attachments. I deleted them after they failed to send, but now whenever I reboot my phone they come back in the notification panel. I click them and it brings me to an emptt outbox and I dismiss. Does anyone know how to clear these notifications from the memory?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there,

Thanks

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Is this your gmail account? If so, go to gmail online and see if you can find them and delete them. They might be sitting in a queue in the cloud and all you did was delete them from your phone and they come back when the phone syncs. Check your drafts fold as well.

dalecon

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
No unfortunately its not from my gmail account. Its a third part email account from may carrier, which uses yahoo account. I am using the standard email client that was on phone to access it. I’ve cleared out my recycle bin there is nothing in drafts. As far as I can tell the actual emails are nowhere to be found.

dalecon

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the double post but i just wanted to update this thread as I see many people have looked at it but seemed my problem was out of scope. I was able to get the "ghost" sent emails to go away by deleting all information store in the email client. It was a little bit of a pain as I had to set up all my emails again with the client but now when I restart my phone I am not informed of the list of emails that are not sent.

Thanks for trying to help :)