Please Help with Device Incompatibility - Nexus 7

cmw0829

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 that's been updated to Android 4.3. After having problems with an application, I uninstalled it with the intent of reinstalling. This has solved problems in the past. When I went to Google Play to reinstall, I get a message that my device is not compatible with the application. The developer notes indicate that it's intended for Android up to 4.2 (also that it was developed for smartphones but may work on tables, though not supported).

The application has worked pretty well since the 4.3 upgrade several months ago.

So - my questions:
- Could the Android version change be the issue? I guess I don't understand why it worked until I uninstalled but now won't. If not, what other incompatibility might there be. (The app is Weight Watchers Mobile.)
- If I did a factory reset, would it revert back to the original version of Android that the tablet came with? Figuring that then I could reinstall the application (and many others) and then let the version of Android update. I know this seems like a lot of effort but I use this app continuously every day. My husband is telling me to leave it alone and wait for the app to be updated for 4.3 but who knows how long that might be.

Thanks in advance.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You already had it when you upgraded to 4.3 so it stayed, but as you noticed you had some issues. Since you uninstalled it and the developer has not yet certified it for 4.3 it will show as incompatible and you will not be able to reinstall it until the developer certifies it for 4.3. Listen to your husband. :)

The app was updated on 9/5/13. When did you last try and download it? It is showing as compatible for my Galaxy Nexus and my Nexus 10.

cmw0829

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your reply. All of this was last night. Hmmm...surprised that you see it as compatible. Yes, I should listen to my husband. I always get into trouble when I don't. Thanks again.

el129

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing this also - very frustrating. How do we know when the app is updated, and is that will make it compatible? I have 4.4.2

jlg234

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just for your info a factory reset does not undo an OS update. I am not saying that it is impossible to go back but the steps may be very complicated. I would recommend that you set your phone to "NOT Update" automatically but notify you instead. This way you are aware of the new update and check with others if there are any issues before you take the leap.