Error installing android 4.3 on HTC One

breadmaker98

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am a fellow HTC One owner. recently, i tried to upgrade my android to the new 4.3 version. The download was successful but during installation, a red triangle keeps poping up and i revert back to version 4.1.2. I feel like i'm the only one with this problem because there are no forums for this problem yet... Does anyone know what is wrong? how can i install 4.3 WITHOUT rooting my phone?

My provider is Bell (virgin mobile)
Device is not rooted.

Please help!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Occasionally we hear of these problems. It is indeed possible that you have a corrupt stock recovery which is needed to " update " the device.

My suggestion, backup all your info first using Helium from the Play Store. Then connect your device to your computer and in the internal memory ( sdcard ) storage of the device pull the " Carbon " folder off the device which holds the backup from Helium. Place this somewhere safe off the the device and then you know your stuff is safe to be restored at a later time.

Options...

Consider unlocking the device and finding the RUU and using it to reset the device to factory stock which will write the recovery and all the important stuff back on the device.

Other option is take it in for warranty thru your carrier/store and tell them exactly what is happening. Can't update, why?

Otherwise you may have to warranty it thru HTC themselves.

Regardless if you haven't rooted/unlocked the bootloader on the device your covered for warranty and they should help you out since this is something out of your control.

shief24

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Did this work for you OP? Same issue here.

EDIT: I redownloaded the OTA and reinstalled it on the HTC but I kept tapping the screen so it stayed awake during the process. 5 minutes later it upgraded.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692