Sorry about the spelling... So my S4 that I bought a week ago (parallel imported) has these wierd, ugly non standard icons (e.g. the messaging icon, camera icon, contacts, phone, video, music and downloads icons etc all look different to how theyr supposed to). I cant figure out why although I suspect it might be due to the bloatware that the phone came with. I have deleted alot of the bloatware already though - it had all these stupid games etc and I have a feeling the phone is from a carrier in argentina.

Has anyone come across this before that might know how to change them back to the regular android ones? The regular android theme icons look muck nicer IMO. I'll try attatch a screenshot also.

Heres my phone...
    https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D1731076_168_627621932

Compared to my boyfriends phone...
    https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D1731076_168_627762418

ALSO... I just noticed the startup screen has 'Claro' pop up when the phone boots. Im pretty sure claro is the carrier... how can i remove everything to do with claro?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    10-26-2013 05:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!

Typically, the only thing I'm aware of that changes icons is installing different launchers, themes, or ROMs. Are you using the stock TouchWiz launcher? Were these icons always present or did they show up at some point? Worse comes to Worst you could always backup and do a factory reset to get back to where it was when the phone was new.
    10-26-2013 09:52 AM
    Thanks haalcyon... these are the icons that came stock with the phone unfortunately they were always like this (I only got the phone last week). Any thoughts are helpful though so thanks!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-26-2013 02:29 PM
    You just have a different icon pack than he does - search the Play Store, there's thousands of icon packs you can download and use.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-26-2013 03:05 PM
    Try not to fret too much. You could install another launcher as a quickish workaround. Nova, Apex, or Go Launcher Ex Prime. We'd be more than willing to assist in setting it up or answering your questions. Another more heavy-handed approach would be to go, boyfriend and his phone in tow, to your carrier and ask why they're different and even possibly exchange it (you know that crackling noise you've been hearing, eh, you may need a new phone to correct that ya know. )

'13 NeXus 7
    10-26-2013 03:06 PM
    Another more heavy-handed approach would be to go, boyfriend and his phone in tow, to your carrier and ask why they're different and even possibly exchange it
    I believe she originally said this was a purchased import phone. The carrier is not likely to help.

Rhino_Spec: As long as your phone is working in every way I would either not worry about it or install a 3rd party app to give you the icons that you want. Just search "icons" in the Play Store.
    10-27-2013 03:25 PM