Any fix for 4.3 bluetooth keyboard problem?

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I just bought a Note 10.1 2014, and my bluetooth keyboard constantly disconnects. I've found a number of threads that indicate that this is a widespread 4.3 problem. I have not found any recent threads from that past 30 days or so.

Is there a non-root fix?

Thanks!

sent from my Note 3

Motogameruk

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my nexus 7. I worked out that it was the wifi that was conflicting with the bluetooth signal. Totally pointless if you need to use the Internet. Not sure what else it could be though.

Happy owner of a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 2013

And Roid

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (with Android 4.3). This tab does not work with two completely
different bluetooth keyboards. Pairing works and also initial interaction, but the keyboard is useless, because it gets disconnected periodically.
While Android 4.3 fails, Android 4.2.2 (on an other SAMSUNG Tablet) works fine with same keyboards.

I try the tip with the WiFi conflict. This would NOT be a solution but at least a (ugly) work around.

And Roid

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I did some tests with one of my Bluetooth keyboards and switched-off WiFi. And it worked! However than I switched WiFi to "on" again and entered a different WiFi-Network with a 2.4GHz network and it also was ok. Yesterday when the keyboards where not usable the device was connected to a 5GHz Network and it did not work. So now to test, if 5Ghz could be the problematic part, or if other factors are causing the problem here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy